MILAVIA Forum - Military Aviation Discussion Forum

Author Topic: An SR-72? Lockheed Martin’s New Mach-6 Spy Plane  (Read 9713 times)

Offline tigershark

• News Editor
  • General of Flight
An SR-72? Lockheed Martin’s New Mach-6 Spy Plane
« on: June 13, 2007, 04:43:45 AM »
Can a Russian S-400 SAM or for that matter any surface to air missile hitting a stealthy 4,000-mph plane capable of flying to altitudes of about 100,000 feet?   Even if you take away the stealth can SAM's hit anything flying at 4,000 mph?   I never heard of this aircraft before maybe somebody else has I'll post the link just to provide information on it.   I wonder if SAM's can be pre-launched into a area of the sky and either pick up a target or have target info datalinked to it. 

http://www.defensenews.com/story.php?F=2824311&C=america

Offline alyster

• Hero of Flight
Re: An SR-72? Lockheed Martin’s New Mach-6 Spy Plane
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2007, 11:47:58 AM »
How much is 100 000 feet in metric system? Isn't it space already?  ???
Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes

Offline Viggen

• General of Flight
  • We are not promised a tomorrow.
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2007, 03:22:31 PM »
Its the edge of space, the sky is black and you defenatly see stars.  :)

100 000 ft = 30.48km or 30 480m
  • Interests: SAAB 37 Viggen
Patrik S.

Offline valkyrian

• Fighter Ace
  • Goodbye my friend Tigershark, R.I.P.
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2007, 07:09:16 PM »
If an Mach 6 plane exists, i strongly believe that is Aurora. Say those of you who are from Holland, do you know anything about some of your senators questions on the parliament (in the 90's) about the overflights of ultra sonic airplanes?

Offline Gripen

• General of Flight
  • WHATEVER YOUR PAST, THE FUTURE IS GRIPEN!
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2007, 11:01:25 AM »
Um Hello.. Are you forgetting that NASA plane that can do mach 10 or whatever? its got its own page with a report..

Offline Webmaster

• MILAVIA Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • General of Flight
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2007, 03:02:00 PM »
LOL, I'll believe it when I see it. This story sounds like a hoax. SR-72? LOL, look at this: http://www.apogeerockets.com/SR72_Darkbird_Kit.asp

Surely they are working on more capable things for intelligence. But this story is just a lame speculation.

The new jet — being referred to by some as the SR-72 — is likely to be unmanned and, while intended for reconnaissance, it could eventually trade its sensors for weapons.
Yeah, just like the SR-71 did...not.

Gripen, there's a huge difference between NASA research projects and actual defence projects for operation.

Aurora, 15 years later, still nothing more than speculation with very little evidence since the initial reports.

Maybe, we should tell the author of that story to do a similar report on a secret MiG-25 replacement, called the MiG-45, which can do Mach 6, and the engines made by Tumansky will tear up at full power. Developed in cooperation with Tupolev, it will be the world's biggest combat aircraft ever and be flown by former Tu-160 crew. It is nicknamed Firefox by NATO and the prototype will be named Clint Eastwood. It incorporates MiG-1.44 stealth and Su-47 design. It will be armed with ASAT missiles, designed to take out US spy satellites, and K-37XXX 'Almighty' missiles to shoot down the SR-72 . Also it has special anti-Patriot missiles in the tail, also called Patriotovski's by some sources. The intelligence gathering sensors are all copies of US systems, which leaked to Russia via Iran, Cuba and the Netherlands, it also has equipment to poison ex-KGB spies that live in London, but for this operation Putin needs to verify the launch codes which are kept at one of this dacha's. India will be the first export customer, because it has retired the MiG-25, but its replacement spy satellites are crap. It will be produced under license by HAL. Pakistan has signed up in China's J-XX development to counter the threat. Chavez has already expressed interest, but Putin said he first needs to increase the oil supply by 300% before they can talk. Tupolev is planning to make a commercial derivative of the plane to compete with Boeing's supercruiser, Aeroflot doesn't have the cash, but Singapore airlines plans to cancel their A380 contracts and commit to the project. Also stressed by this threat are South Korea and Japan, both have requested F-22 Raptors from Bush, but Bush said they can only get Raptors if they come to his ranch in Texas and win the rodeo.

Oh, and don't bother asking Putin or any CEOs about this, as it is policy not to discuss secret projects.
  • Interests: Su-15, Su-27, Tu-22, Tornado, RNLAF
Niels Hillebrand
MILAVIA Webmaster

Offline tigershark

• News Editor
  • General of Flight
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2007, 03:16:23 PM »
I'm laughing so hard it hurts ;D

Offline valkyrian

• Fighter Ace
  • Goodbye my friend Tigershark, R.I.P.
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2007, 10:52:34 PM »
...to complete this nice story....:G.W.Bush >:D decides that the U.S. must regain air supremacy :-\, and orders Lockheed to come up with something :o. In Burbank, they work 3 shifts but all the solutions failed ???. In the meanwhile,  North American Aviation is re establishing and the XB-70 Valkyrie ;D ;D is beeing tested again. In Lockheed they get pissed off, >:D and one night they steal from NASA  a 8) YF-12. They paint it white, name it Anti Valkyrie and start promoting it to S. Arabia :o..

Just check this, i think you might find it interesting

http://www.dreamlandresort.com/black_projects/boscombe.htm

http://www.dreamlandresort.com/black_projects/aircraft.htm

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com click to vote for MILAVIA