Military Aviation > Air Forces

best air force in south america

<< < (2/11) > >>

terminator:
I am peruvian ,colombian ,and chinese ,that sucks men (about the argetinian air force) I have a lot of respect for u guys ,cause u actually stood up to England  :'(

Webmaster:

--- Quote from: terminator on December 18, 2006, 02:37:00 PM ---GUYS plz i appreciate if u vote ,i know about empanadas cause iam south american,plz vote it takes less than a sec. ;D

--- End quote ---

Hi, welcome to the MILAVIA Forums! Yeah voting less than a sec, making up one's mind could take a bit longer. And like you said esp. combined with research.

It's difficult

Brazil has a large force, but only upgraded F-5s and a handful of Mirage 2000Cs are the best fighters. Shouldn't forget the AMX though. There's the Navy as well though with the A-4s,
Chile has the latest F-16s, and quite a number of second hand MLU's... however they are not fully operational yet. So Mirages (or similar) and F-5s.
Then Peru looks good with their MiG-29s and Mirage 2000s, however they don't have that many of them, right? But they have Su-22/25s as well...
Venezuela has Mirage 50s, F-16s, F-5s, all bit old and those F-5s are seriously in need of upgrade/overhaul. Those Su-30s are great, but how many are delivered just this month? only a few...
Colombia & Argentina will not be my vote...sorry.

When looking beyond the fighters, I'd say either Chile or Brazil, especially since they have AEW platforms.

terminator:
are the f-16's chile just got the old 1's or blocks?i also heard a rumor venezuela will arm bolivia with sukhois (i think su -27's...i think)do u guy think that would affect the balance in south america?

Gripen:
Brazil, mainly because they have US support. Allies look after each other, and we all know america has some, ah, unfriendly friends in South America

giel:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZlzcCsb0T4
 brazillian airforce! ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version