MILAVIA Forum - Military Aviation Discussion Forum

Author Topic: FAB (Brazilian Air Force) FX2 program revived  (Read 6842 times)

Offline WRCKid

• Veteran

Offline Globetrotter

• Hero of Flight
  • I'm Thomas (now Globetrotter)
Re: FAB (Brazilian Air Force) FX2 program revived
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2007, 02:19:21 AM »
very interesting. Reading right now. and two aditional readings are from here, milavia ;)
"Ad Astra Per Aspera"   (5º Grupo de Caza ≈ A-4AR Fightinghawk)

~ MALVINAS ARGENTINAS ~

Offline tigershark

• News Editor
  • General of Flight
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2007, 03:57:41 PM »
Good find enjoyed it very much after reading it and it almost makes think that the Rafale has a change.   Does anybody know if the Rafale was designed from the beginning to defeat a Russian Flanker the way the Typhoon was?   The other thing I'm looking for is any mock training between the two.  I thought India Flanker were in France but I'm having trouble finding anything on it maybe I'm wrong.   I'm trying to see how these two aircraft match up to each other because after all there's no arm race right?  If anybody can help, thanks

Offline WRCKid

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2007, 06:33:12 PM »
Good find enjoyed it very much after reading it and it almost makes think that the Rafale has a change.   Does anybody know if the Rafale was designed from the beginning to defeat a Russian Flanker the way the Typhoon was?   The other thing I'm looking for is any mock training between the two.  I thought India Flanker were in France but I'm having trouble finding anything on it maybe I'm wrong.   I'm trying to see how these two aircraft match up to each other because after all there's no arm race right?  If anybody can help, thanks
I know the Indian AF did a joint excercise with the RAF earlier this year, the Typhoon's were well matched against the SU30's, haven't seen anything on IAF being in France though.

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com click to vote for MILAVIA