MILAVIA Forum - Military Aviation Discussion Forum

Author Topic: Greece gets two of there new Mirage 2000-5  (Read 8336 times)

Offline tigershark

• News Editor
  • General of Flight
Greece gets two of there new Mirage 2000-5
« on: June 13, 2007, 07:24:24 PM »
I found this it's from April 2007
I think it's two out of fifteen aircraft ordered.

The first two arrived Thursday afternoon 3/5/07 at 114 PM Tanagra, SN. <506> <507>.
Deliveries are scheduled finish in November 07.

Offline Vord

• Recruit
Re: Greece gets two of there new Mirage 2000-5
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2009, 02:04:10 AM »
I know this is old news but I just wanted to mention the fact that this is not very good news for Turkey... At least until we bring more F-16s to CCIP config or receive our first batch of F-35s.

In any case, Aegean Sea will be one of the 'best' air battle locations in the world. It's a tactical nightmare for both Turks and Greeks.

Offline tigershark

• News Editor
  • General of Flight
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2009, 04:36:53 AM »
Hi Vord
The Mirage 2000-5 mk2 is a very capable fighter but from I read If you can get past the first pass the Viper does better in longer turns keeps its power and speed up better.

I think Greece got the very last Mirage 2000-5s off the French production lines I think their upgrades were the last. 

Some don't agree with me but I think the F-35 is going much better them people realize and in the long run give Turkey an edge, which I hope they never have to use.

Vord does Turkey's government/military see Iran as a threat?  I always wondered since Turkey and the United States are close that Iran might hold that against Turkey?  Do you share an open border with Iran or not really?

Thanks

Offline Eldorado82

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2009, 03:57:30 AM »
Mirage is indeed a great machine enlisted lots of pages of history in IAF and other AF's over the world
Remembering Steven "TigerShark" Zeluff

Offline tigershark

• News Editor
  • General of Flight
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2009, 05:11:54 AM »
No single user got more out their Mirage IIIs then the Israeli AF did.  France's aircraft sales totally benefited by the Israeli's use of this classic fighter.

Offline Eldorado82

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2009, 08:49:53 AM »
thanks Tigershark.nice to hear such a nice words toward Israel. besides using whatever we could from the original Mirages, some aircrafts were built onto Mirages basis, like Technolog plane- plabe was using for test flight and experiments,  Kfir, Nesher, they were all look like Mirage
Remembering Steven "TigerShark" Zeluff

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com click to vote for MILAVIA