Military Aviation > Air Forces

Thailand buys Gripen, or will they?

<< < (6/7) > >>

alyster:
Wow you kinda remind me my third world problems' lector. I know there's alot of sides there. After all we may as well blame the fundametalists (of both sides). But the simple fact is that the dates above were Israeli offensives, Israel still does occupy Palestinian lands, illegally btw. So if Thailand can't get Gripens/Falcons cause of a coup and a "danger of using them in offensive way" then why should Israel get such aid packages?

I'm not against aiding Israel, I have many online friends from there, many from who were in the last Lebanon conflict, but the excuse to not to sell planes to Thailand is hilarious compared to Israel.

tigershark:
Sorry for lecture it was we bit long maybe when the fundamentalists as you call them stop shooting rockets and blowing up people for good, maybe Israel will move out.    Until it's just Palestinians and Israeli's trying to work things out (basically my entire adult life went by without this happening) nothing will change to much hate still being brought into the pot.   Outsiders must go or the suffering won't stop on both sides.   I'll stop on this topic.

--- Quote ---alyster
but the excuse to not to sell planes to Thailand is hilarious compared to Israel.
--- End quote ---
What does Israel have to do with in the first place?   

Many countries sell weapon,aircraft, etc which turn out to be used offensively look at half of Africa, how did Israel get sucked into this again?    Would the Swedish government have to make this decision about Thailand government? 

--- Quote ---Viggen
True, but the rules are still confusing. How come Israel got to buy F-16´s, while we all know that they are used in a offensive way, by bombing Palestinians?
--- End quote ---
My friend Viggen the US did sell advance F-16s to Israel to bomb the Palestinians they were sold for like in the past, if they were attacked by one or more countries at the same time that were getting for free or off-set price Russian weapons by the ton.   Maybe if some of those six foot long rockets mounted on a light truck weren't allowed to just drive down your friendly  Palestinian street maybe the need to knock them out wouldn't come up as much.   Jets or fast movers are basically used for attacking a larger enough target to be useful or speed is needed to reach a target, before the killers can run and hide among the non killing people who live in happy Palestinian.   Twenty people on the street won't see where the truck or the killers who launched went because it's the Palestinian thing to do, to look the other way.  You know keep hiding and supporting the people that bring your country down.    But sixty-seven people will see the F-16 and can even read the serial number on it's tail fin.  Some of the nice Palestinians will even rent a shed or a place to park the truck too, but that's ok.   And the next day in the press the poor Palestinian lost his shed that was passed down to him from his fathers fathers fathers, right.   And the best part will be he'll say Israeli's F-16 war planes sold by the United States in semi clear English for no reason just blew up my shed.  And I thought only my country was covered so badly in the press and rip down at every chance possible,wow.   

alyster, Viggen - javascript:void(0);
Smiley  - you guys are like my favorite posters

alyster:
A woman from CNN whose name i sadly can't recall made a film about "God's Jewish Worriors" From the picture I get from there most of the settlements are settled also by fundamentalists, who think that they own that land because God gave it to them and their princible is to make as much settlements as possible to keep the land. So I don't look at it from one single side.
I think we got into this Israeli topic due to a comparison with teh thai case. Someone atlist mentioned it above. This is quite logical, Israel is the most extream example of first world military contracts and aid. But you are right, enough of this topic.

About Africa... well alot of the weapons were sold to there at Cold war era, to support the first world friendly regimes. Nowdays things have changed on that level.

Viggen:
Many countries sell weapon,aircraft, etc which turn out to be used offensively look at half of Africa, how did Israel get sucked into this again?  My fault, i used Israel as an example.  :) 

Would the Swedish government have to make this decision about Thailand government?  Yes!

--- Quote ---My friend Viggen the US did sell advance F-16s to Israel to bomb the Palestinians they were sold for like in the past, if they were attacked by one or more countries at the same time that were getting for free or off-set price Russian weapons by the ton.   

--- End quote ---

Quote from webmaster: "They are taking deliveries of new F-16I "Sufa", as we speak. They are Block 52 two-seaters, with CFT and lots of Israeli components of course. 50 ordered in 2000, 52 more in 2001, first deliveries in 2003, final deliveries in 2009. Deal of 4.5 billion USD."

This is not about blaming countries for their oppinions. I just think its hypocritical to take a stance like this, not making a deal because the weapons might be used for war.  :)

tigershark:
Hi Viggen
But it's hypocritical of your government right or am I missing something?   Moving along I think they should sell them it's a cut throat market we know used Vipers or Flankers will be sold in it's place in a heartbeat.   And if the Falcon production lines stay open for a large Taiwan order they won't be used ones there be brand new with AESA radar's in them armed with Slammers.   Viggen I hate to say it but time isn't on your country's side if they wait to long.

We always here of used Vipers being sold but does Russia ever sell used Flankers?  I'm sure they must have them Su-27 or maybe some Su-30s produced for sales but never sold?    Any C/D Viper from the United States is going to have a lot of hours on it's frame maybe some Su-27s would be better deals?   Didn't Indonesia buy a few Su-27s not Su-30s some years back?   

alyster- no more on the other topic as you can see back to aviation smile face (my smile faces don't work right)

Peace anybody

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version