MILAVIA Forum - Military Aviation Discussion Forum

Author Topic: United Arab Emirates Air Force  (Read 20134 times)

elias_b

United Arab Emirates Air Force
« on: May 21, 2005, 09:56:31 PM »
I just read the AFM June issue with an article about the UAE AirForce and I was really impressed by the fighter aircraft force of this country.
By 2008, this Air Force will have 80 F-16E/F (Block 60) and around 60 Mirage 2000-9 in its inventory :o!

With this inventory, the UAE has one of the most advanced Airforces in the Gulf region.

Offline Webmaster

• MILAVIA Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • General of Flight
Re: United Arab Emirates Air Force
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2005, 05:59:50 PM »
Yes, nice article, although I feel they could have tried a bit harder to dug up the missing info before publication. Don't forget the 30 AH-64s, quite advanced for the region as well, although they are not upgraded to AH-64D yet...

• Interests: Su-15, Su-27, Tu-22, Tornado, RNLAF
Niels Hillebrand
MILAVIA Webmaster

Offline orko_8

• Pilot
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2005, 06:24:59 PM »
If I remember well, the article says UAE is also planning to procure AWACS and tanker aircraft. They are going to be a really strong (at least on paper) air force.

But I think this great number of modern and sophisticated aircraft brings up an issue: training.. Finding enough personnel would be a problem for a small country like UAE. Perhaps they may hire instructors and/or pilots...

Offline Webmaster

• MILAVIA Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • General of Flight
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2005, 06:29:18 PM »
They have outsourced their helicopter training. Maybe they will do the same for basic flying (or are they already doing that?). Anyway they got a fair amount of Hawks flying already for some years, and they want to order the KAI T-50...so I think they already have an instructor force in place. If not then they are clearly not forgetting the training. The F-16E/F pilots are trained in the USA already, and that will probably continue. So that's no problem.
  • Interests: Su-15, Su-27, Tu-22, Tornado, RNLAF
Niels Hillebrand
MILAVIA Webmaster

Offline Air Marshal

• Fighter Ace
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2005, 12:41:15 PM »
UAE F-16's
PAKISTAN AIR FORCE (www.paffalcons.com)

FOR THOSE WHO DARE THE FUTURE IN THE SKIES

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com click to vote for MILAVIA