MILAVIA Forum - Military Aviation Discussion Forum

Author Topic: Argentine Air Force - FAA  (Read 16757 times)

Offline Globetrotter

• Hero of Flight
  • I'm Thomas (now Globetrotter)
Re: Argentine Air Force - FAA
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2007, 05:16:05 AM »
well, the rumors in Argentina have it that a pre-contrat has been signed with dassault aviation for a possible buy of Mirages 2000 that will eventually be out of service, as the Rafale gains terrain ;)

I wish this is true! If it has to be one engined, let it  be Mirage 2000.

I think i wrote long post on why not US F-16s. However, I think F-16s from Nederalnds are cheap... 10 millions per aircraft is reeeeealy cheap!

many people say that Mirages F-1 could be used while the Mirages 2000 arrive. So instead of using those, F-16 from Netherlands could be a great option. Even more if we consider Chileans have them ---> we would know their armament extensively. And they won't know much or not as much as we do about our Mirages 2000.
"Ad Astra Per Aspera"   (5º Grupo de Caza ≈ A-4AR Fightinghawk)

~ MALVINAS ARGENTINAS ~

Offline Raptor

• General of Flight
  • What's the next big thing?
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2007, 09:16:44 AM »
... ... F-16s are 40 m a copy... ...

Sergei. About the high-G turns... In the modern battlefield, the US seems to be relying completely on technology. An aspect that i actually support. They miss out in conventional warfare, though, so if something happens to their avionics, they do squat.

Russian aircraft are very good and are very reasonably priced. But they just have too many accidents for a country that's on a rather tight pilot usage. Any thought for the Su-37?
-JCLim

Offline Globetrotter

• Hero of Flight
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2007, 04:12:32 PM »
I mean, the F-16 webmaster said. they sold 18 to Chile for 180 millions, do the maths and you have 18 falcons for 10 M each.

About the Su-27, I don't really have a clue. maybe now with new president? I don't think so.... :-\

~ MALVINAS ARGENTINAS ~

Offline Raptor

• General of Flight
  • What's the next big thing?
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2007, 08:45:10 AM »
Ah... Those would be second hand?

Singapore gave a few F-16s away... Well, it'd be really neat to have an air force with Su-27s, F-15s, F-22s. F-35s, Su-37s, Su-30MKs, etc. And maybe Rafales, Mirage F.1s, Typhoons. 1 squadron each...Hm. Daydreams...
-JCLim

Offline Globetrotter

• Hero of Flight
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2007, 07:45:23 PM »
sure, 2nd hand, with half their life used. but that's better specified in webmaster's post. ;)

~ MALVINAS ARGENTINAS ~

Offline terminator

• Veteran
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2007, 02:24:14 AM »
well, the rumors in Argentina have it that a pre-contrat has been signed with dassault aviation for a possible buy of Mirages 2000 that will eventually be out of service, as the Rafale gains terrain ;)

I wish this is true! If it has to be one engined, let it  be Mirage 2000.

I think i wrote long post on why not US F-16s. However, I think F-16s from Nederalnds are cheap... 10 millions per aircraft is reeeeealy cheap!

many people say that Mirages F-1 could be used while the Mirages 2000 arrive. So instead of using those, F-16 from Netherlands could be a great option. Even more if we consider Chileans have them ---> we would know their armament extensively. And they won't know much or not as much as we do about our Mirages 2000.
where did u hear that? is the info reliable? if it is yeah i mean the french may not need the mirage 2000s but iam sure they would be still very useful in SA, i heard the FAA had mirages-5 are they still operational?
'711 I shall nerver forget you.......

Offline Globetrotter

• Hero of Flight
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2007, 03:04:34 AM »
Yes, we still have those Mirages, thou modernised and refurbished. They are called "Finger" and have Israeli tech.
 The info is reliable, but it was about a PRE-buy, just possibility

~ MALVINAS ARGENTINAS ~

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com click to vote for MILAVIA