Military Aviation > Air Forces

Which country has the best air defence.

<< < (3/4) > >>

Viggen:
I voted for US...Why?

Well, since 9/11 USAF have been on high alert. You cant even fart in US-airspace without asking for permission first, while two F16´s sneaking up behind you.  :)

Berkut:
Future U.S. air defence, THAAD,AMRAAM, what  makes it better ???than Russian, s-300, s-400, PANTSYR S1.

Air Marshal:
From my observation United States & Sweeden has the Best Air Defence.

aircop38:

--- Quote from: RecceJet on June 24, 2005, 04:49:21 AM ---The US would deem it necessary to win any and every conflict for the purpose of popular support; it has been proven how strong public opinion can be in a war effort. This compared  to Israel's need to simply survive, let alone hold any ground in world opinion..

--- End quote ---

Israel is at the knifes' edge all the time, but could not stand a massed coordinated attack by its combined neighbors( which due to Israels fighting skills , and distrust by its neighbors of one another, will probably never happen).Israel fights like the U.S. only faster- they gain superiority in the air right away,then beat their enemies faces bloody,'til the aggressors quit-Israel never fights  with intents of invading ,but rather an aggressive/ proactive defense.given the fact that a regional enemy could drive into Televiv in a few hours or fly over Israeli airspace in a matter of minutes, you'd have to be set like a loaded gun with the hammer back.but because they are so small, they can be overwhelmed-Thank God it has never happened

aircop38:
funny ,but i recently read a discussion that bragged about how the U.S. air force was "BEATEN" by India in a joint exercise; i later read the the reason the US forces were "Defeated" was beacuse they were playing the role of a defender against an attacking force that was superior in #s and using a tactics not trained for-guess the U.S. got caught with their pants down ,and if this subject has already been discussed ,I'm sorry. What was funnier was that the writer of the article was an indian defense analyst who proclaimed that the exercise was a good training op, but not realistic.it seems that the U.S. prefers "air dominance" over attrition in the air,meaning ,it uses its tactical edges to destroy the enemy(like stealth attacks on radar and AAA systems,mass bombing with the B-52s ,then mop ups with ground attack acft like the f-16,F/A-18, and CAP with the F-15) If the gulf conflicts are any measure of what a future shooting war will be, there really won't be much time for long drawn out air battles, as either the conflict will be a brief violent flash,then a stand off and peace is declared ,or a total domination,with minimal  combat loss and death.The best can only be related to in terms of training,equipment and power projection,as well as a countries ability to maintain that force.but considering the prohibitive cost of waging combat( so much easier to threaten and posture,then later peacefully negotiate)why would any country wnat to find out whose the "best"? ,especially when a$500,000 unmanned missile can destroy a $20-30 million acft and the pilot(s) inside who probably represent another 2 million in training and equipping costs...................

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version