Military Aviation > Air Power

Airstrikes on Hamas

<< < (2/2)

Webmaster:
From the footage on TV, I could make out 1x F-16, 1x Apache (either -A or -D without Longbow).

shawn a:
RecceJet,
Your photo looks too clear and high speed to have been taken by someone so near a real combat target. Nice photo, though.
 A small byline in Aviation week and Space Technology said that SDBs (or GBU-39s) were used, but it doesn't mention the launching platform. The article was accompanied by a photo of a non-Longbow Apache loaded with something I can't identify, but the article states that -15s, -16s, and Apaches were used.
Shawn A

RecceJet:

--- Quote from: shawn a on January 09, 2009, 04:54:19 AM ---RecceJet,
Your photo looks too clear and high speed to have been taken by someone so near a real combat target. Nice photo, though.
 A small byline in Aviation week and Space Technology said that SDBs (or GBU-39s) were used, but it doesn't mention the launching platform. The article was accompanied by a photo of a non-Longbow Apache loaded with something I can't identify, but the article states that -15s, -16s, and Apaches were used.
Shawn A

--- End quote ---

Yeah you'd need to know where to look in preparation for a shot to get a photo like that.

Webmaster:
Well, they are not GBU-39s, you would have seen the wings...

And those tails, it's hard to say, but doesn't look like JDAM tails, just Mk.82s with BSU-33?

Actually not even sure they are US bombs... looks more like French to me, lol.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version