Military Aviation > Air Power

An old accident

<< < (3/3)

F-111 C/C:
An EF-111A Raven was credited with a "kill" during Desert Storm in the same manner. On the night of January 17, 1991, an Iraqi Mirage F.1 flew into the ground while chasing EF-111A serial number 66-0016. Even though the Raven is unarmed and has no air-to-air capability, the Raven crew was given credit for the kill.

Viggen:

--- Quote from: F-111 C/C on January 07, 2009, 12:26:23 AM ---An EF-111A Raven was credited with a "kill" during Desert Storm in the same manner. On the night of January 17, 1991, an Iraqi Mirage F.1 flew into the ground while chasing EF-111A serial number 66-0016. Even though the Raven is unarmed and has no air-to-air capability, the Raven crew was given credit for the kill.

--- End quote ---

I think i "saw" this on History channel, they reconstructed the incident on a prg called Dogfights in season 2. Im not sure of this since it was some time ago i watched throu season 2, but it sounds so familiar now when you mentioned it.

Raptor:

--- Quote from: Viggen on January 07, 2009, 12:44:43 PM ---
--- Quote from: F-111 C/C on January 07, 2009, 12:26:23 AM ---An EF-111A Raven was credited with a "kill" during Desert Storm in the same manner. On the night of January 17, 1991, an Iraqi Mirage F.1 flew into the ground while chasing EF-111A serial number 66-0016. Even though the Raven is unarmed and has no air-to-air capability, the Raven crew was given credit for the kill.

--- End quote ---

I think i "saw" this on History channel, they reconstructed the incident on a prg called Dogfights in season 2. Im not sure of this since it was some time ago i watched throu season 2, but it sounds so familiar now when you mentioned it.

--- End quote ---

It DOES sound familiar... What i wouldn't give not to be the Mirage guy. Haha.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version