Military Aviation > Air Power

Libya

<< < (4/11) > >>

Viggen:
I´ll take a few words back from my previous post, as French jets are right now flying over Libya.

The rumor of Swedish Gripens, was actually  a statement made by the Swedish foreign minister Carl Bildt. So Sweden will participate in some sort of way, but not with ground forces. As of yet the Swedish goverment has not made a decision of how they will help, but sending Gripens to participate is not out of question.

Webmaster:
Indeed, apparently they shot their own plane down. I was already thinking... MiG-23, he must have run out of Sukhois?

--- Quote from: Viggen on March 19, 2011, 02:54:38 PM ---This lead me to think about the coalition-pilots. How are they going to tell the difference between Gadaffis and the rebels aircraft?

--- End quote ---

Not, rebels won't fly anymore. In fact, this may have been a try at influencing the Paris talks, pretending to show in front of all cameras that the Libyan air force was flying.

--- Quote from: Viggen on March 19, 2011, 02:54:38 PM ---If a rebel aircraft is in the no fly zone, are they still going to shot it down?

--- End quote ---

Depends on RoE really, if there is some way of making himself known and RoE is pretty strict, then maybe not. We won't know the RoE until much later... the no-fly zone is for any aircraft with libyan registration, so that would include captured aircraft... but maybe visual ID and radio check is part of RoE.

If he hasn't already been downed by his rebel friends.

First strikes are all about starting low on the scale to try to resolve it without escalation.

Intentionally not shock & awe. As the country basically collapses then beyond recovery.

However, I'm not sure how much sharing takes place, or with what speed up and down the chain. I'd imagine it's still today far from ideal. Also reports were up to a few days ago very unreliable, and to put it bluntly, there have to be a certain number of confirmed civilians killed before you interfere in another country's affairs. He bought himself some time with the cease fire.

SukhoiLover:
The French just started to kickass over there, anybody knows if it was the 2000D or the Rafale?

Webmaster:
put my money on the Rafale... it needs sales...

Omg, our government is jumping up and down to get into this. Almost like little kids on the bench at the football match.

sorry if either one is an inappropriate statement, but that's how they behave in my opinion

SukhoiLover:

--- Quote from: Webmaster on March 19, 2011, 08:45:48 PM ---put my money on the Rafale... it needs sales...

Omg, our government is jumping up and down to get into this. Almost like little kids on the bench at the football match.

sorry if either one is an inappropriate statement, but that's how they behave in my opinion

--- End quote ---

Yeah, i guess this is a nice oppurtunity for the French to show off the Rafale.
I just don´t know is how long it will take the UK to roll-in, don´t forget that they still have unfinished busness with Gadaffi for Lockerbe

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version