Military Aviation > Air Power

Libya

<< < (9/11) > >>

Webmaster:
Already mentioned the Danish. ;) But yes, they did take off this afternoon, approx. when the French planes were outbound. So I'd imagine no-fly-zone patrols.

Norway also reported to have planes ready. Not sure if ready means they are in Italy.

btw, Growlers noted at Aviano?

Viggen:

--- Quote from: Webmaster on March 20, 2011, 06:41:11 PM ---Already mentioned the Danish. ;) But yes, they did take off this afternoon, approx. when the French planes were outbound. So I'd imagine no-fly-zone patrols.

Norway also reported to have planes ready. Not sure if ready means they are in Italy.

btw, Growlers noted at Aviano?

--- End quote ---

He he, sorry!
CNN is just about to go live from the American base on Sicily (Trapani or something). Keep my eyes open and see if they will show anything interesting.

Im back, just missed it.

Webmaster:
Guess CNN calls everything an American base. Trapani is a ItAF base and NATO Awacs FOB. Didn't they mean NAS Sigonella?

Viggen:

--- Quote from: Webmaster on March 20, 2011, 07:51:20 PM ---Guess CNN calls everything an American base. Trapani is a ItAF base and NATO Awacs FOB.

--- End quote ---

Unfortunately CNN is the only news channel i have on the tv. I think the journalists are on speed or 30 cans of Red Bull. LOL!  I just saw the last 10 seconds of the segment. Nothing in the background was visible.

Btw, when the French Raphale´s were taking off. I saw canisters with the marking A/A MICA. Does all MICA-missiles have thrust-vectoring or only the latest generation?

Webmaster:
All have TVC afaik. I think there's only one generation yet. But there's two versions, RF and IR seeker.

Before the MICA they had the Magic /Magic-2. Maybe you had those in mind?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version