Military Aviation > Air Power

Libya

<< < (10/11) > >>

Viggen:

--- Quote from: Webmaster on March 20, 2011, 08:15:26 PM ---All have TVC afaik. I think there's only one generation yet. But there's two versions, RF and IR seeker.

Before the MICA they had the Magic /Magic-2. Maybe you had those in mind?

--- End quote ---

I read somewhere that MICA´s had thrust-vectoring. I know of the two different types (RF/IR). But i also know that they were introduced in the mid 90´s.  I always though of thrust-vectoring as pretty new technology.

SukhoiLover:

--- Quote from: Viggen on March 20, 2011, 08:24:36 PM ---
--- Quote from: Webmaster on March 20, 2011, 08:15:26 PM ---All have TVC afaik. I think there's only one generation yet. But there's two versions, RF and IR seeker.

--- End quote ---

R-73 was introduced in 82 and already had TVC ;)
Will we see any HUD footage anytime soon i wonder?

--- End quote ---

Viggen:

--- Quote from: SukhoiLover on March 20, 2011, 08:28:37 PM ---
--- Quote from: Viggen on March 20, 2011, 08:24:36 PM ---

--- End quote ---

R-73 was introduced in 82 and already had TVC ;)
Will we see any HUD footage anytime soon i wonder?

--- End quote ---

Darn, i must have been living under a rock these past 25 years. LOL!  ;)

I hoping we get some HUD footage. Wonder who will be the first one?
--- End quote ---

Webmaster:

Maj. Lucas Teel and Lt. Col. Clint Mixon prepare to taxi their F-15E Strike Eagle March 19, 2011, prior to departing Royal Air Force Lakenheath, England. Units from the 48th Fighter Wing are conducting pre-deployment procedures in support of Operation Odyssey Dawn. Magor Teel and Colonel Mixon are with the 492nd Fighter Squadron. (U.S. Air Force photo/Tech. Sgt. Lee A. Osberry Jr.)

SukhoiLover:
Call me crazy if you want but i would actually love to be in a F-16 right now heading to Libya to protect the airspace.

Hell i hate my eyes..... >:(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version