Military Aviation > Air Power

Libya

<< < (11/11)

Webmaster:
Crazy...depends. Protect the airspace from what? The Colonial Crusaders? ;)

Charles de Gaulle also left port now, btw.

Eisenhouwer was still at Suez last time I saw it, or was it something else, shouldn't it be in the Med. Sea too by now? McCain was just complaining on CNN it was still too far.

SukhoiLover:
Protect the airspace from the evil Gaddafi fighters muahahaha.....oh......wait........where are Gaddafi fighters? 8)

SukhoiLover:

--- Quote from: SukhoiLover on March 21, 2011, 12:21:05 AM ---Protect the airspace from the evil Gaddafi fighters muahahaha.....oh......wait........where are Gaddafi fighters? 8)

--- End quote ---

Looks like i underestimated them....a French Rafale shot down a  G-2/Galeb.

Webmaster:
No you didn't. It's not a fighter.

Well "shot down" sounds cool, but it should say bombed to death, it was already back on the runway and was destroyed using a AASM (abbrev. A2SM) bomb (PGM, not a missile, as the copy-pasting news agencies put it).

The next day five more G-2's were bombed and one Mi-35, stationary at the same base.

The NATO orbat is now quite extensive. I stopped watching it, since NATO assumed command, there are no longer the objections so everyone [well, almost] is sending their planes.

Nice to see Brimstone used as intended (vs MBT instead of single guy in a house). Other than that it's mostly GBUs now it seems, uhm and Tomahawks of course. Good to hear most HARMs are coming back to Italy, meaning no radar left, no "real" SA threats.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version