Military Aviation > Air Power

PAF Pilots Vs Indian Pilots.

<< < (2/5) > >>

RecceJet:
dude! :o

Webmaster:
Interesting article, but well I guess you have to take into account where it is coming from and take some stuff with a pinch of salt. I am sure the IAF can compose articles like this as well, and then more in their own favour. Of course  ;) However this looks like a proper try, although perhaps a bit one-sided. I'll give it a more thorough read when I have some time.

Viggen:

--- Quote ---[
He forgot about one variable...Unknown/or  unpredictibal circumstances, engine/weaponsmalfunction, weather, and more...Maybe im just out on deep water now???
--- End quote ---

Hahaha, well maybe they are not of huge influence for this comparison. Malfunctions and weather should all be circumstances they are prepared. However it is true if you have on average more malfunctions than your opponent, the change is bigger you encounter one in a fight. And yeah, bad weather against a techonological more advanced enemy will be bad, but well, if that means your opponent thinks you will stay on the ground and start a bombing campaign without adequate fighter cover....  ;)

Air Marshal:

--- Quote from: Viggen on August 22, 2005, 09:54:47 AM ---Well, he has a point there. But i think good coordination is better then fast reflexes. Then to be able to think in 3D to succesfully employ your tactics agressive.

He forgot about one variable...Unknown/or  unpredictibal circumstances, engine/weaponsmalfunction, weather, and more...Maybe im just out on deep water now??? Anyway it was interesting to read, but it dosent matter how good you think you are. There is always someone that is better. :P

--- End quote ---

;D  ;D  ;D

chacko:
That is a article of The defence magazine of Pakistan. Its famous for such kind of analysis. All their articles are hillarious. One example is a retired pakistani defence official wrote on how to counter India AWACS, his strategy was, "lure the Indian AWACS into Pakistani territory and then shoot it down"  >:D They have written articles on Indian projects on Indian Tank, LCA etc and ranked them high on search engines. PAF gave acess to some western journos and the journos write some funny articles sitting in pakistani Airforce mess (a place like a hotel/eatery for military guys). Plus the 1971 war, inspite of, US advisors, US aircraftscandelstine help, and US strategies, IAF suppressed the PAF within 4 days. The US military advisor Chuck Yeager came out with some statements like Indian MiG-21 falling like flies from the sky (Just 1 or 2 MiG-21's were lost) and PAF Pilots professionalism etc etc. You want to read his story? http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1316/is_v17/ai_3959887
This is what he said

--- Quote ---The Pakistanis whipped their asses in the sky, but it was the other way around in the ground war. The air war lasted about two weeks, and the Pakistanis scored a three-to-one ratio, knocking out 102 Russian-made Indian jets and losing thirty-four airplanes of their own. I'm certain about the figures because I went out several times a day in a chopper and counted the wrecks below. I counted wrecks on Pakistani soil, documented them by serial numbers, identified the components such as engines and rocket pods, and new equipment on newer planes like the Soviet SU-7 fighter-bomber and the Mig 21J, their latest supersonic fighter. The Pakistani army would cart off these items for me, and when the war ended, it took two big American Air Force cargo lifters to carry all those parts back to the States for analysis by our intelligence division.
--- End quote ---

Not more than  5 or 6 Soviet made jets were knocked fron the sky. On the controry, after the war, IAF MiG-21 pilots complained that they couldn't find the PAF aircrafts for fight. (barring some incidents)

Soviet and British equipment with Indian pilots outclassed the American equipment and training. Indians struck deep in Pakistani teritory day and night. Naturally there will be losses. US having lost Pattons on ground couldn't stomach the loss of Sabers and F-104 starfighters in Air.

You should read the Pakistani investigations after 1971 war. An Indian newspaper "Indian Express" published it last year. The airforce part of the investigation to be read. You will find the emptiness of PAF claims.

While PAF is up to such funny tricks, IAF has a policy of not commenting o such matter as they call it "unprofessional". Some western journos have asked for acess to IAF bases and they were refussed. So they also have contributed to the PAF superior kind of crap.

Its the French and American excercises which opened the western media acess to Indian Airforces. They seem to be stunned at the IAF capabilities. The best complement was paid by a US analyst saying "India developed the strategies in vaccume." These strategies were developed with no out side world interaction. You all know the result. Another US Pilot said something about the enemy pilot not going home if he underestimated Indian pilots.

Anyway , thanks to the webmaster for not encouraging such cold war false propoganda.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version