Military Aviation > Air Power

pilot skill

(1/3) > >>

Genomscreams:
how much do u think pilot skill effects dogfights? i personally think that if a pilot is good enough he will be able to ovrcome the limitations of his machine and succed in a dog fight against a superior aircraft. say an f-5 engaged an su- 37. i think that if the f-5 pilot is good enough, he could win. anyone else agree?

Viggen:
If it comes down to close dogfighting with cannons, then i think you are right.  :)

Air Marshal:
After Machine Limitations, In very short Time time interval the Pilot having many objectives for enganging the enemy.  ;)

manuelrodriguez:

--- Quote from: Genomscreams on January 18, 2006, 11:25:17 PM ---how much do u think pilot skill effects dogfights? i personally think that if a pilot is good enough he will be able to ovrcome the limitations of his machine and succed in a dog fight against a superior aircraft. say an f-5 engaged an su- 37. i think that if the f-5 pilot is good enough, he could win. anyone else agree?

--- End quote ---

Almost 95%, I guess that the maximum effect. what do you think?

Gripen:
The effectiveness of an air force in combat is only limited to the skill of your pilots. There's no use in spending $180million on a plane if you only spend like $100 dollars training your pilot. Its pointless. Hell, if they were good enough, you could have a air force of Sopwith Camels taking on and beating an Air Force with Flankers, Eagles and Tornado's. Unlikely yes, but if they modern jet pilots are unskilled,then the more skilled pilots in older planes would have a better chance, if not the best chance.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version