Military Aviation > Air Power

Red Flag 08: MKI not allowed to use its radar?????

(1/3) > >>

SukhoiLover:
I read here: http://elhangardetj.blogspot.com/ , that its Russian policy to not allow Russian-made radars to be turned on during international exercises to avoid "spies".

I guess this is just fantasy and too much conspiracy theories, but i want to hear your thoughts on this.

tigershark:
I heard that too and when India's MKI Flankers went up against the RAF Typhoon's they were turn off.   From what I read the Typhoon was just too nimble for the Flanker.   I sure the US has the radar information already all it takes a nice friendly US Navy sub just minding their own business off India's coast to get that.

SukhoiLover:

--- Quote from: nonpilot on August 05, 2008, 07:37:12 PM ---From what I read the Typhoon was just too nimble for the Flanker.
--- End quote ---

You mean the EF moved so fast that the NO11 couldn´t detect it and so it was turned off because it was no use ???

tigershark:
No not at all the Bars radar would pick up the non stealth Typhoon easy enough I meant the close in dog fighting between the Typhoon and Su-30 MKI Flanker, that supposedly took place.   It was said the Typhoon was too nimble for the much large Flanker to deal with. 

I read in a different forum that while in England and during the training the Indian's didn't use their radar. 

SukhoiLover:

--- Quote from: nonpilot on August 05, 2008, 10:36:02 PM ---No not at all the Bars radar would pick up the non stealth Typhoon easy enough I meant the close in dog fighting between the Typhoon and Su-30 MKI Flanker, that supposedly took place.   It was said the Typhoon was too nimble for the much large Flanker to deal with. 

I read in a different forum that while in England and during the training the Indian's didn't use their radar. 

--- End quote ---

I guessed so, the Bars is very powerful, i misunderstood you.
About the dogfight, if that really was the outcome, then its because there was a huge gap between the Indian´s experience and the Typhoon pilots experience.

The size doesn´t matter, the MKI has hight T/W ratio, canards to improve maneuverability, TVC, good FBW system, IRST, HMS and the R-73, i mean, the Flanker is has everything to win in a dogfight, i don´t believe in that outcome at all.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version