Military Aviation > Air Power

US vs Libya

<< < (2/4) > >>

Gripen:
I've been saying for how long that the Gripen is good??????????

???????????????????????????????????????????????????

Viggen:
Would be cool to see US Gripens. But i bet that somewhere in the Nevada desert there is one standing, for tests and evaluation. Probably not beacuse they want to buy a few, but to learn more about it. The engine is american, built by Volvo here under license. So being able to buy this  "must have part",  there is probably some secret agrement behind the curtains.  ;D

Im not much for conspiracy and that kind of stuff. But i know that many cards are dealt under the table. Mostly because as long its technology is secret, a weapon is unbeatable. That is, for the enemy  and not the allies. Hope you understand what im trying to say...The time is 03.35 am, so my mind does not work very well at the moment.  ;D

Valiant1:
You're so right about many cards being dealt under the table...I'm sure the USAF has a Gripen for evaluation. 

Webmaster:
I am not sure about that, but Swedish Gripens participated in Cope Thunder, and I bet a lot of information and rides were exchanged. I think it is rather curious why Sweden participated in the Alaskan exercise, more aimed at the pacific theatre, instead of some of the other great exercises elsewhere...? Matter of slots? Or did the US want to know more about it now, before it enters service with more non-NATO nations?

I have to add though, that again, we are all over the place with the discussion. It starts out about Libya and Tomcats and now we're onto Gripens again. Let's try to stick to the topic subject in future pls.

Valiant1:
Ok...well, what if the Libyans decide to purchase Gripens?  Then what?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version