MILAVIA Forum - Military Aviation Discussion Forum

Author Topic: AERO SHOW 2009, GOTHENBURG  (Read 14352 times)

Offline Viggen

• General of Flight
  • We are not promised a tomorrow.
Re: AERO SHOW 2009, GOTHENBURG
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2009, 08:56:36 PM »
Some good news, for me atleast. As it looks now, i will be attending the airshow, but have not decided if it will be on the saturday or sunday.  :D
  • Interests: SAAB 37 Viggen
Patrik S.

Offline F-111 C/C

• Hero of Flight
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2009, 06:06:35 PM »
I love a lot about Sweden. The rock band 'Europe' and especially ALL the great Hockey players from Sweden!
Wars are won by carrying the 'heavy iron' downtown!

Offline F-111 C/C

• Hero of Flight
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2009, 06:09:38 PM »
Some good news, for me atleast. As it looks now, i will be attending the airshow, but have not decided if it will be on the saturday or sunday.  :D

You're lucky! I hope you can posts some pictures of Drakens, Viggens and Gripens.

Offline Viggen

• General of Flight
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2009, 09:55:33 PM »

You're lucky! I hope you can posts some pictures of Drakens, Viggens and Gripens.

Im going to photo everything, military atleast, and share the images here.  ;D

Europe?? Are they still popular in the states??  ;) Also, im a big Red Wing fan since 93. If my memory serves me right it was the year they bought N Lidstrom.  :)
Patrik S.

Offline F-111 C/C

• Hero of Flight
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2009, 10:48:11 PM »
'Europe' hasn't really been as popular here as they were back in the '80s and '90s but I still listen to them often. What can you say about Nicklas Lidstrom, what a player! Or Johan Franzen ("the Bull"), Tomas Holmstrom, or Henrik Zetterberg? Heck, half the Red Wing greats are from Sweden. The NHL is so much better thanks to all the great Swedish players. Being from Boston, my favorite Boston Bruins, has had P.J. Axelsson playing for them for years from when there weren't that many Swedes.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 05:22:51 AM by F-111 C/C »

Offline Viggen

• General of Flight
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2009, 11:05:14 PM »
'Europe' hasn't really been as popular here as they were back in the '80s and '90s but I still listen to them often. What can you say about Nicklas Lidstrom, what a player! Or Johan Frazen ("the Bull"), Tomas Holmstrom, or Henrik Zetterberg? Heck, half the Red Wing greats are from Sweden. The NHL is so much better thanks to all the great Swedish players. Being from Boston, my favorite Boston Bruins, has had P.J. Axelsson playing for them for years from when there weren't that many Swedes.

FranzĂ©n is a friend of my brother. Same age and went to same school and hung out. We are all from the same town. I even played icehockey myself in the same stadium as he started out in. To quote my younger brother, "who knew that this retard would end up in NHL". (Meaning retard as a joke). Last year was just wierd when the Stanly Cup trophy arrived here and was shown in the center of town. A piece of history in our little crappy town!!!   :o  But honestly we are all proud of him and he does play very good hockey.

Boston (B)ruins.. Yeah, i think i heard of them.  ;)  You have lots of Canadians in your team and they usally give Swedes a hard time during the olympics or the world championship.  Lets hope they play against the Wings in the finals next season.
Patrik S.

Offline F-111 C/C

• Hero of Flight
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2009, 05:25:08 AM »
I thought the Bruins would meet Detroit this year as both teams were #1 in their respective divisions but the Bruins went out in the Semi-finals. Maybe next year.

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com click to vote for MILAVIA