MILAVIA Forum - Military Aviation Discussion Forum

Author Topic: AERO SHOW 2009, GOTHENBURG  (Read 14343 times)

Offline Viggen

• General of Flight
  • We are not promised a tomorrow.
AERO SHOW 2009, GOTHENBURG
« on: June 28, 2009, 03:48:35 PM »
I hope i can be in place for this one.  :D
No viggens, but otherwise the complete fleet of swedish military aicraft preforming.

http://www.aeroseum.se/english/goteborgaeroshow/index.html
  • Interests: SAAB 37 Viggen
Patrik S.

Offline F-111 C/C

• Hero of Flight
Re: AERO SHOW 2009, GOTHENBURG
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2009, 04:04:19 PM »
I would love to go just to see the Draken fly again. One of my favorite planes ever and IMO one of the coolest looking with that 'double-delta' configuration.
Wars are won by carrying the 'heavy iron' downtown!

Offline Viggen

• General of Flight
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2009, 05:33:59 PM »
I would love to go just to see the Draken fly again. One of my favorite planes ever and IMO one of the coolest looking with that 'double-delta' configuration.

Your welcome over the pond to see the Draken.  :)  Have seen it fly before?
Patrik S.

Offline F-111 C/C

• Hero of Flight
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2009, 11:26:39 PM »
Last time I saw it fly was at an excercise we participated in with a lot of NATO held at RAF Waddington in the UK in 1987. I was amazed at what it looked like flying and the performance. As beautiful and graceful as it looks in pictures doesn't do it justice compared to seeing it in person.

Offline Viggen

• General of Flight
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2009, 01:10:43 AM »
Last time I saw it fly was at an excercise we participated in with a lot of NATO held at RAF Waddington in the UK in 1987. I was amazed at what it looked like flying and the performance. As beautiful and graceful as it looks in pictures doesn't do it justice compared to seeing it in person.

Nice to hear. I love listening to what ppl from other nations think of our old aircraft. Specially from the cold war era since i was only in my early teens, and it was hard to find any good books or reliable documentaries about military aircraft.  :)
Patrik S.

Offline AVIATOR

• Hero of Flight
  • TALLY HO CHAPS
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2009, 01:11:10 AM »
I say chaps, I can help out there. Be my guest and take a look at the 5 star vid clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqB6P8xP6pM

Offline Viggen

• General of Flight
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2009, 03:34:27 PM »
I say chaps, I can help out there. Be my guest and take a look at the 5 star vid clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqB6P8xP6pM

I belive my own video is better.  ;D (forgot to ad the link earlier)..   :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Owvgao-ZNE8
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 11:59:30 PM by Viggen »
Patrik S.

Offline F-111 C/C

• Hero of Flight
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2009, 04:35:44 PM »
Thanks AVIATOR for the video. I can remember the 'hard light' afterburner too...BANG and it's in 'burner. Viggen, as far as I'm concerned, your country (Saab) has made some of the nicest aircraft ever. The Draken, the Viggen, the Gripen are all among my favorites.

Offline Viggen

• General of Flight
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2009, 11:31:30 PM »
Thanks AVIATOR for the video. I can remember the 'hard light' afterburner too...BANG and it's in 'burner. Viggen, as far as I'm concerned, your country (Saab) has made some of the nicest aircraft ever. The Draken, the Viggen, the Gripen are all among my favorites.

Thank you very much!  :D  Same goes for your country. But do you have any ideas about american pilots oppinion during your time in Europe. How they thought about swedish fighters and pilots? Like, they would rather end up in a dogfight with a Draken or Viggen over a russin MIG23/25 and later 29 pilot? How did they rank the Swedish airforce during the 80´s and early 90´s, since we share our borders with Norway and Denmark and they are a members of NATO.  :)
Patrik S.

Offline Webmaster

• MILAVIA Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • General of Flight
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2009, 11:54:16 PM »
Cool, nice to see the historical flight flies the Draken! Can't wait for them to start overseas airshows, or better yet, get the Viggen back in the air as well. I will come to Sweden again to see the Viggen flying again!
  • Interests: Su-15, Su-27, Tu-22, Tornado, RNLAF
Niels Hillebrand
MILAVIA Webmaster

Offline Viggen

• General of Flight
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2009, 11:57:46 PM »
Cool, nice to see the historical flight flies the Draken! Can't wait for them to start overseas airshows, or better yet, get the Viggen back in the air as well. I will come to Sweden again to see the Viggen flying again!

I agree. Viggen always puts on an amazing show. Also, you are always welcome back here again.  :)
Patrik S.

Offline F-111 C/C

• Hero of Flight
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2009, 12:40:58 AM »
We did a lot of excercises with our NATO allies and I remember our pilots (and ground crews) had a great comraderie for the other NATO nations. We would trade flight suits, jackets, patches, etc. and thought of them as team mates rather than adversaries, so the questions never came up as to what would be better in a dogfight, etc. We would spend hours pouring over each others planes, talking about their respective capabilities and unique design characteristics. I had great memories of all our Scandanavian brothers-in-arms and consider them fine people.

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com click to vote for MILAVIA