MILAVIA Forum - Military Aviation Discussion Forum

Author Topic: Le bourget 2007 and sukhoi  (Read 23056 times)

Offline stirillas

• Recruit
Le bourget 2007 and sukhoi
« on: May 08, 2007, 07:22:31 PM »
Hello for all,i am a new member  :)
I have a question,Sukhoi is going to Le Bourget 2007 with a plane,specially fighters su 27sk or 30mk?
Thanyou,and sorry my poor english.
Regards from spain. :D

Offline Viggen

• General of Flight
  • We are not promised a tomorrow.
Re: Le bourget 2007 and sukhoi
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2007, 07:57:07 PM »
Welcome to the forum Stirillas!

Im sorry that i cant answer your question, but im very sure of that some other member can provide you with the correct answer.  :)
  • Interests: SAAB 37 Viggen
Patrik S.

Offline stirillas

• Recruit
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2007, 08:21:29 PM »
thanyou,viggen,i m going to le bourget airshow and I have the hope of see again the sukhoi figthers.

Regards :)

Offline Globetrotter

• Hero of Flight
  • I'm Thomas (now Globetrotter)
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2007, 01:15:29 PM »
Buena Suerte en el show aereo!! Me encantaria estar ahi, pero vivo muy lejos, en Argentina...

Podrias sacar algunas fotos para nsotros, los pobres? :P ;D
"Ad Astra Per Aspera"   (5º Grupo de Caza ≈ A-4AR Fightinghawk)

~ MALVINAS ARGENTINAS ~

Offline giel

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2007, 01:36:27 PM »
ok  ::) :P what are you saying  :P ;D

Offline Globetrotter

• Hero of Flight
  • I'm Thomas (now Globetrotter)
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2007, 01:48:36 PM »
I just asked him to take some pictures for us, the ones that can't go :P :P and wished him good luck ;)
"Ad Astra Per Aspera"   (5º Grupo de Caza ≈ A-4AR Fightinghawk)

~ MALVINAS ARGENTINAS ~

Offline tigershark

• News Editor
  • General of Flight
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2007, 02:40:10 PM »
Nation
Monday April 30, 2007

Lima 2007 will feature mock attack of airfield

KUALA LUMPUR: This year’s Langkawi International Maritime and Aerospace Exhibition (Lima 2007) will have several interesting shows, including a mock attack of an airfield.

The attack will see soldiers from the Army and Air Force parachuting down from helicopters into the airfield in Langkawi.

They will be assisted by RMAF aircraft such as the F/A-18D Hornet, BAe Hawk and the Russian-made Sukhoi SU-30MKM fighter aircraft.

Six of the Sukhoi jets are expected to arrive in time for the show and two will take part in aerial displays.

The RMAF ordered 18 Sukhoi multi-role fighter jets in 2003, in a deal which included a space training programme for Malaysians.

Deputy Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak, who gave a briefing on the exhibition, said the famed Red Arrows aerobatic team would also return for Lima 2007, scheduled for Dec 4 to 8.

“A total of 830 aerospace and maritime firms are expected to take part in the biennial event – this is the largest number in the series so far.

“A total of 120 aircraft and 65 ships will arrive, while 581 companies from all over the world have already confirmed their participation.

“The theme for Lima 2007 is 'Defence Industry: Meeting Future Needs',” he told reporters on Monday, after chairing a two-hour Cabinet committee meeting on the exhibition.

Najib said Lima 2007 would also be attended by international maritime enforcement agencies and 488 delegates, comprising senior defence officials from 63 countries.

About 50,000 trade and 80,000 public visitors are also expected to attend the exhibition.

Naib, who said four conferences would also be organised during the exhibition, added that Prime Minister Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi would also have a “live” teleconversation with the crew of the navy’s Tunas Samudera sailing ship.

The vessel is circumnavigating the world and is expected to sail into Mexico at that time before returning to Malaysia on April 25 next year.

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2007/4/30/nation/20070430183909&sec=nation

Offline Webmaster

• MILAVIA Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • General of Flight
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2007, 01:48:09 AM »
That's about the Lima show in Malaysia, not the Paris Air Show, Le Bourget, France!

I checked the press kit, but it didn't have details on the Russian participating, only said that MiG and Antonov aircraft will be there. I think there's a good chance that this will mean MiG-29OVT display. I guess Rosoboronexport and Sukhoi will also be there with trade stands. I am afraid though, that Sukhoi will focus more on its Superjet 100 regional airliner, than the fighters. South America and Asia are far more attractive markets for Sukhoi's military offerings, and they have their own big trade shows.

After MAKS, Le Bourget is one of the most important trade shows in the world for Russian aviation companies, so who knows.

But don't be dissappointed, you get to see the Rafale, Typhoon and maybe you'll also appreciate a Mirage 2000 and Super Hornet display, or is that not good enough?  ;)

http://www.paris-air-show.com/

Edit: I said the F-22 would come, but seems it is not true.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 01:31:05 PM by Webmaster »
  • Interests: Su-15, Su-27, Tu-22, Tornado, RNLAF
Niels Hillebrand
MILAVIA Webmaster

Offline tigershark

• News Editor
  • General of Flight
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2007, 01:54:24 AM »
Sorry I read it too fast and was just looking at the other show. 

Offline stirillas

• Recruit
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2007, 02:36:59 PM »
But the official list of planes not this one still,only the provisional one,there is some not official page that reports on Le bourget?

Regards :)

Offline Webmaster

• MILAVIA Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • General of Flight
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2007, 02:19:05 AM »
[...]
This year, for financial reasons, Sukhoi will not make demonstration flights at Le Bourget. The flight to Le Bourget and back, deployment at the airport there and demonstration flights (up to three per day) cost too much for the company. Sukhoi is not going to spend money in Europe, where its planes are not in demand,
[...]
There will be another aerobatic team from Russia this time, presenting MiG's multi-role thrust-vectoring fighter, the MiG-29OVT, also called the MiG-35 Fulcrum F.
[...]

RIA Novosti - June 4th, 2007
(http://en.rian.ru/analysis/20070604/66651066.html)

No Sukhoi aircraft, only scale models.

• Interests: Su-15, Su-27, Tu-22, Tornado, RNLAF
Niels Hillebrand
MILAVIA Webmaster

Offline Ramon

• Scorpion Aviation Photography
  • Global Moderator
  • Fighter Ace
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2007, 12:33:43 PM »
Hello all,

To have the largest change to see a Sukhoi of any kind this year in Europe are:

Two Indian SU-30MKI Flankers.
RIAT Fairford 2007: http://www.airtattoo.com/showcontent.asp?ParentID=@0000000030&CollectionID=@0000000898

And

A not known amount of "Sukhoi" aircrafts from Russia.
Koksijde Defencedays: http://www.mil.be/defdays/subject/index.asp?LAN=nl&ID=1009

Regards, Ramon  :D
  • Interests: A-10, F-14, F-105, B-58 and warbirds

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com click to vote for MILAVIA