MILAVIA Forum - Military Aviation Discussion Forum

Author Topic: Russia to display Su-35 fighter at Chile air show  (Read 5841 times)

Offline tigershark

• News Editor
  • General of Flight
Russia to display Su-35 fighter at Chile air show
« on: March 30, 2008, 12:31:45 AM »
Russia to display Su-35 fighter at Chile air show
28/03/2008 16:03 MOSCOW, March 28 (RIA Novosti) - Russia will exhibit a variety of military equipment including super-agile Su-35 multi-role fighters at the FIDAE-2008 air show, which opens on March 31 in Chile, the state-run arms exporter said Friday.

The 15th FIDAE International Air & Space Fair, a biennial air show, will be held on March 31-April 6 at the Arturo Merino Benitez international airport near Santiago.

Rosoboronexport will represent over 700 Russian defense companies and showcase about 200 exhibits including aircraft, tanks, submarines, surface ships and small arms. But the most attractive exhibit of the Russian exposition is expected to be the Su-35 Flanker-E air superiority fighter.

The aircraft, powered by two AL-37F engines, combines high maneuverability and the capability to effectively engage a variety of airborne and ground targets using both guided and unguided missiles and other armament.

The Su-35 prototype made its maiden flight on February 18, and two more aircraft are being prepared for similar tests at an aircraft manufacturing plant in Russia's Far East.

The Sukhoi concern, which is part of Russia's United Aircraft Building Corporation (UABC), earlier said Su-35, billed as "4++ generation using fifth-generation technology," would enter service with the Russian Air Force in two to three years.

The company is planning to export Su-35s to Latin America, Southeast Asia, Africa, and the Middle East.

In 2007, Sukhoi exported about 50 Su-30MK2, Su-30MKM and Su-30MKI aircraft in addition to spare parts for aircraft sold earlier to Algeria, India, Malaysia, Indonesia and Venezuela.

Link
http://en.rian.ru/russia/20080328/102455359.html

Offline Globetrotter

• Hero of Flight
  • I'm Thomas (now Globetrotter)
Re: Russia to display Su-35 fighter at Chile air show
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2008, 12:37:48 AM »
wow, I just can't believe it, I begin classes the 1st of april, I won't be able to go :-\

This year it will be a big thing, I guess with this and the US carrying F-15s and 16s ::) I hope it is even better for 2010!!
"Ad Astra Per Aspera"   (5º Grupo de Caza ≈ A-4AR Fightinghawk)

~ MALVINAS ARGENTINAS ~

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com click to vote for MILAVIA