MILAVIA Forum - Military Aviation Discussion Forum

Author Topic: Your favourite aviation movie?  (Read 43071 times)

Offline Goose

• Flight Leader
Re: Your favourite aviation movie?
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2005, 01:46:20 AM »
yeah I guess that is the job to repeat and sound paniky!!!!  I hated the dislogue in that movie also, I gues watch it to look at the Mighty TOMCAT now.

ICEMAN about to shoot missle Dialogue: I got missle lock!!! I'm gonna fire! ROGER ENGAGED!!??

Who the hell says roger engaged???? Every flight instructor of radio telephoney since the dawn of eternity musta turned over in their graves to hear that!!!!

Offline Viggen

• General of Flight
  • We are not promised a tomorrow.
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2005, 08:10:19 AM »
Isen´t it great? he he... You are right Goose. Now i usally look at Top Gun just to see the flightsequences and Kelly of course. ;D

There is also two Swedish movies with modern fighters. One is a drama, but starts with a niiice flightsequence with the Viggen. Its about 10mins long, some low and fast flying. Ends with a birdstrike and landing on a freeway. Then rest of the movie is all talk. Name of the movie is "Älskar, Älskar inte".

Then we have a recent movie, a thriller. About bad guys trying to sabotage the Gripen. A few nice scenes, but to short. This movie is called "Hotet".

The flightscenes from both movies are made by the same team that made the scenes for Top Gun.  :D

• Interests: SAAB 37 Viggen
Patrik S.

Offline Goose

• Flight Leader
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2005, 07:02:25 PM »
Yeah it's nice to see movies about aircraft from other countries. There was one about Italian F-104. I can't remeber the name. It was along the lines of aliens but the main character was an F-104 pilot, it had some beautiful shots of starfighters in solo, pairs and formation with tornados.

There was also a movie from the '80s or early '90s "Dark Angel", featuring an F-21 Kfir flown by the USN Top Gun school. The plot was the pilot went wacko and tried to nuke Nevada.

Offline Joopey

• Pilot
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2005, 09:13:00 PM »
Yep, the Italian movie was 'Blue Tornado', with Dirk Benedict from The A-Team. This was a very bad movie, by the way. Very, very bad... :)

Offline Goose

• Flight Leader
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2005, 02:44:57 AM »
Yes it was bad, for me it was refreshing to see a movie with something other than american aircraft.

Offline Viggen

• General of Flight
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2005, 07:54:48 AM »
I remember Dark Angel, think it was Peter Strauss played the leading role. There is a few so called B-movies out there about aviation. The ones i have seen, has mostly just taken clips from Iron Eagle.
ID4 had some cool flightscenes but they are all animated.

Yesterday  i was talking with my younger brother and we agreed that, they should do a movie like The Final Countdown. But let the jets kick the zero´s ass bigtime and the whole japanese fleet, change the outcome of Pearl Harbour. With modern effects it could be done really cool.  ;D
Patrik S.

Offline Webmaster

• MILAVIA Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • General of Flight
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2005, 11:05:18 PM »
Yeah it's nice to see movies about aircraft from other countries. There was one about Italian F-104. I can't remeber the name. It was along the lines of aliens but the main character was an F-104 pilot, it had some beautiful shots of starfighters in solo, pairs and formation with tornados.

There was also a movie from the '80s or early '90s "Dark Angel", featuring an F-21 Kfir flown by the USN Top Gun school. The plot was the pilot went wacko and tried to nuke Nevada.

'Blue Tornado', yep BAD, but loved it for the Tornados. But what's the name of that British movie with Tornado F.3 pilots?

You mean 'Black Angel'. Those F-21s were really USMC's, but for the movie they used an Israeli Kfir, not F-21. And if I remember correctly, it was called Mirage in the movie. Anyway, did you notice it has some of the same footage as Iron Eagle. For example the Kfir in dogfight, and the airfield attack (different angle, same targets, explosion and special effects). That's why the aggressor "Mirage" carries red roundel with yellow star and not US markings...because in Iron Eagle, they are real foreign bad guys.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2005, 11:07:38 PM by Webmaster »
  • Interests: Su-15, Su-27, Tu-22, Tornado, RNLAF
Niels Hillebrand
MILAVIA Webmaster

Offline Goose

• Flight Leader
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2005, 03:22:35 AM »
Thanks for clarifying that webmaster. It's been a long time since I saw that movie.

Offline Webmaster

• MILAVIA Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • General of Flight
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2005, 12:01:49 AM »
Watching 'Black Thunder' right now, something about a Nova active stealth plane...the same Kfir again... it can go totally invisible even for the human eye.  ;D Looks like a third movie that borrowed some footage from Iron Eagle I, Americanised Israeli F-16s and the Nova being the Kfir. Probably a pretty bad movie, it is going on now for 10 minutes and the first typical B-class movie "sex" scene is taken place already.

Edit: looks like the Cessna shots are the same as well.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2005, 12:10:16 AM by Webmaster »
  • Interests: Su-15, Su-27, Tu-22, Tornado, RNLAF
Niels Hillebrand
MILAVIA Webmaster

Offline Viggen

• General of Flight
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2005, 07:35:42 AM »
Yes, its a lot of that in the b-movies. (scenes from Iron Eagle).

Im wonder if i should put Firefox on the list also.
For those who dont remember the movie:

Clint Eastwood going to steal a secret russian plane, a really fast one;)

My problem is that the plane is fictional, so does it deserve a place on the list, what do you think guys?
Patrik S.

Offline Ramon

• Scorpion Aviation Photography
  • Global Moderator
  • Fighter Ace
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2005, 12:46:46 PM »
Hello all,

For me it will be the movie Top-Gun, great shots of the fabulous Tomcat.
In my opinion can no film yet, beat this movie.

By the way: There is now a movie on the way, that maybe can change my vote........... ;)
Check out http://www.leschevaliers-lefilm.com/
And view the trailer, very nice shots of the Mirage 2000.

Regards, Ramon.
  • Interests: A-10, F-14, F-105, B-58 and warbirds

Offline Viggen

• General of Flight
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2005, 02:20:06 PM »
Hello all,

For me it will be the movie Top-Gun, great shots of the fabulous Tomcat.
In my opinion can no film yet, beat this movie.

By the way: There is now a movie on the way, that maybe can change my vote........... ;)
Check out http://www.leschevaliers-lefilm.com/
And view the trailer, very nice shots of the Mirage 2000.

Regards, Ramon.

Well it looks like a good movie with great flightscenes. To bad the video was so short, i already want to see more of the movie.  :D
Patrik S.

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com click to vote for MILAVIA