MILAVIA Forum - Military Aviation Discussion Forum

Author Topic: Paris Air Show: AIRBUS 667x A320neo, 34x A320, 11x A330, 6x A350, 12x A380  (Read 10608 times)

Offline Webmaster

• MILAVIA Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • General of Flight
Quote from: Airbus
23rd June

Press Release

Airbus with new order record at Paris Air Show 2011

At the 49th Paris Air Show in Le Bourget, Airbus won about US$72.2 billion worth of business for a total of 730 aircraft. This success sets a new record for any commercial aircraft manufacturer at any air show ever. The commitments comprise Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for 312 aircraft worth US$28.2 billion and firm purchase orders for 418 aircraft worth around US$44.0 billion.

The A320neo Family was clearly the star of the week and proved irresistible to airlines and lessors alike, by winning an unprecedented 667 commitments worth some US$60.9 billion. Furthermore, this means that total A320neo Family backlog since its launch in December 2010 has now reached 1,029 units, making it by far the best selling airliner in the history of commercial aviation.

In addition to the A320neo Family’s success, the standard A320 Family also continues to be popular, having received 34 commitments worth US$2.8 billion at the show. Commitments were also received for 11 A330s worth US$2.4 billion, six A350s worth US$1.6 billion, and 12 A380s worth US$4.5 billion.

“Le Bourget 2011 is a strong confirmation of our product strategy. With over 1,000 commitments just half a year after launch our A320neo is a real bestseller,” said Tom Enders, Airbus President and CEO.” "I have to admit, I largely underestimated the market demand for neo before this show.”

Airbus is the leading aircraft manufacturer offering the most modern, comprehensive and efficient passenger aircraft family on the more than 100-seat market, while its military division is the global leader for transport, tanker and surveillance airlifters. Headquartered in Toulouse, France, Airbus is an EADS company.

Blabla, PR.

Apparently, it's mostly existing A320 operators who ordered the A320neo, with only few 737 operators, most are not replacing the 737, so it's not a win over Boeing, but 667 aircraft to add to a type's order book in a single year is still impressive. It seems Bombardier's Cseries is losing out to the A320 on some fronts, but there's still quit some competition with the 737 possible.

The other figures not so cool, although 12x A380 added is good news in light of all the skepticism. 6x A350 is rather disappointing, not to mention the delay it has. Altogether Boeing doing better with their new 747/777 offerings, yet only slightly. Business is rather slow if you look at anything bigger than a 737. And also... 787... only 4 added, so still on the decrease.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 06:24:34 PM by Webmaster »
  • Interests: Su-15, Su-27, Tu-22, Tornado, RNLAF
Niels Hillebrand
MILAVIA Webmaster

Offline F-111 C/C

• Hero of Flight
I heard they taxied an A320 into a building (clipped the wingtip) and had a Korean Air A320 that was nearby that they had do a flyby in it's place. :o
Wars are won by carrying the 'heavy iron' downtown!

Offline shawn a

• Hero of Flight
Boeing better get it's "donkey" in gear if it wants to remain competitive in the single-aisle realm!

Offline Webmaster

• MILAVIA Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • General of Flight
I heard they taxied an A320 into a building (clipped the wingtip) and had a Korean Air A320 that was nearby that they had do a flyby in it's place. :o

I thought it was the 380...?
Niels Hillebrand
MILAVIA Webmaster

Offline F-111 C/C

• Hero of Flight
My bad, it WAS the A380, sorry. :-[
Wars are won by carrying the 'heavy iron' downtown!

Offline Webmaster

• MILAVIA Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • General of Flight
No problem. Thanks, I wasn't sure, only been skimming the headlines.
Niels Hillebrand
MILAVIA Webmaster

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com click to vote for MILAVIA