General Aviation > Aviation in General

Saw an S-92 yesterday

(1/2) > >>

HaveBlue:
Flew over my house at just a few hundred feet, fast as hell... heard it long before it got here and went outside and waited.... flew DIRECTLY over my house from north to south... seen em a couple times and it never gets old to see such a rare sight.

shawn a:
Is that their high-speed prototype?
The one with the propeller in the rear?

HaveBlue:

--- Quote from: shawn a on October 04, 2011, 10:12:59 PM ---Is that their high-speed prototype?
The one with the propeller in the rear?

--- End quote ---

No, its their larger adaptation of the Blackhawk series, meant to compete with Sea King / Puma / Super Frelon type helo's for military and SAR missions... but was most famously in the running to replace the S-61's for Marine One... which it lost.

Webmaster:
Sorry, I don't share your excitement, rare maybe (for now), but having become used to Cougars, Merlins, NH90s, Blackhawks and Hips even, I think this is the ugliest helicopter around. Everything seems to be out of proportion, just doesn't "look" right.

F-111 C/C:

--- Quote from: Webmaster on October 06, 2011, 06:11:25 AM ---Sorry, I don't share your excitement, rare maybe (for now), but having become used to Cougars, Merlins, NH90s, Blackhawks and Hips even, I think this is the ugliest helicopter around. Everything seems to be out of proportion, just doesn't "look" right.

--- End quote ---

X2.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version