General Aviation > Civil Aviation News

Standing room only flying Ryanair

<< < (2/6) > >>

AVIATOR:
I don't know about that Aardvark. Having a seat wrapped around you seems a lot more protective than standing.
Look at the Martin Baker ejection seat for instance and how protective that became from just climbing over the side.

F-111 C/C:
I'm talking about an airliner crashing with hundreds of people on board. You'll be deader than dead regardless of if you were sitting, standing, lying down, whatever. No ejection seats on commercial aircraft, if that things going down, there's nothing your gonna do about it.

SukhoiLover:

--- Quote from: F-111 C/C on July 07, 2009, 04:25:49 PM ---I'm talking about an airliner crashing with hundreds of people on board. You'll be deader than dead regardless of if you were sitting, standing, lying down, whatever. No ejection seats on commercial aircraft, if that things going down, there's nothing your gonna do about it.

--- End quote ---

Yes but if you can increase your chances of survival than why not doing it?

I mean, i really don´t think this idea will work.

Theres also another thing, airplanes have operational weight limits, you can´t just fill the plane up with people, you must worry about the weigh and the weight issues that might come from this measure.

F-111 C/C:

--- Quote from: SukhoiLover on July 07, 2009, 05:13:49 PM ---
--- Quote from: F-111 C/C on July 07, 2009, 04:25:49 PM ---I'm talking about an airliner crashing with hundreds of people on board. You'll be deader than dead regardless of if you were sitting, standing, lying down, whatever. No ejection seats on commercial aircraft, if that things going down, there's nothing your gonna do about it.

--- End quote ---

Yes but if you can increase your chances of survival than why not doing it?

I mean, i really don´t think this idea will work.

Theres also another thing, airplanes have operational weight limits, you can´t just fill the plane up with people, you must worry about the weigh and the weight issues that might come from this measure.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, that was my concern as well, the extra weight.

Webmaster:
Ryan Air will then just solve that weight problem by no longer allowing any luggage, just your toothbrush, ah yeah and their fat-tax of course will help of course.

--- Quote ---Last month, Mr O'Leary suggested he could start charging for sick bags. That thought came in the wake of a suggestion that the firm could start charging up to a Euro a time for visits to the toilet.
--- End quote ---

If he keeps this up, then the normal aviation companies will start to look good again. Decent leg room and an airport not 100 miles away from where I need to be is enough for me to seek other airlines than RyanAir... and I am happy to pay more for it, as the additional fees and fares resulting from a RyanAir flight often add up to about as much.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version