MILAVIA Forum - Military Aviation Discussion Forum

Author Topic: Supersonic Aerospace International is building a supersonic business jet.  (Read 6326 times)

Offline AVIATOR

• Hero of Flight
  • TALLY HO CHAPS
After the demise of the Concorde I expected the commercial Supersonic Aircraft business to be dead, but thanks to Lockheed Martin I was wrong. Lockheed Martin, under the commission of Supersonic Aerospace International, has begun designing a business jet that can travel at 1,200 mph or Mach 1.8 at 60000ft [2200kph]
A key pattern of the design will be the V tail that will be instrumental in the reduction of sound level.
The Quiet Supersonic Transport will seat 12 and is planned for a 2014 release. In an effort to avoid the supersonic boom that plagued the Concorde, the QSST will use a unique nose/wing design to lessen the boom by up to 40dB.

Lockheed Martin has been awarded a contract to develop the same concept for a big passenger jet by 2030.

I hope that the world remains stable and safe enough to see these dreams of civil aviation advancement fulfilled and we aren't stuck with Boeing 747 technology for ever.

Read more here on this in Popular science.
http://www.popsci.com.au/military-aviation-space/article/2007-03/all-sonic-no-boom

Aviator
« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 12:13:56 AM by AVIATOR »

Offline F-111 C/C

• Hero of Flight
I can almost 'hear' people whining about it's 'carbon footprint' now!
Wars are won by carrying the 'heavy iron' downtown!

Offline AVIATOR

• Hero of Flight
  • TALLY HO CHAPS
Mainly because it will be the luxury conveyance of rich folk.

Offline Gripen

• General of Flight
  • WHATEVER YOUR PAST, THE FUTURE IS GRIPEN!

Thought that was the lear jet, or the playboy jet?

Offline AVIATOR

• Hero of Flight
  • TALLY HO CHAPS

Thought that was the lear jet, or the playboy jet?

Don't think Hugh Hefner can get it up any more. Will according to Kimberly anyway. The jet I mean.

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com click to vote for MILAVIA