Military Aviation > Defence in General

Ethiopia and Somalia

<< < (3/7) > >>

Viggen:
Probably just an excuse to bomb some SomalianĀ“s and show which country has US-support...  :P

Gripen:
when was this, i didnt see it

Webmaster:
Legitimate target, but many civilians killed.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16537225/

now also helicopter gunships, also scroll down to read more about Monday's attack
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16531987/

Valiant1:
Somalia should have been dealt with a while ago.  I have seen the movie "Blackhawk Down", which depicts, to the best of its ability, what happened to the US Army Rangers and Delta Force.  We got our asses kicked, but considering the odds were 50-to-1, I don't think we did that bad. 

After watching a documentary on the incident, Army Rangers and Delta Force were ready to back in, with full force, and finish the job.  However, those being interviewed said President Clinton would not allow it.  This was much to their disappointment as they wanted to go in and finish the job.

I think Gripen misunderstood Cobra 2...I don't like to see Somalian civilians killed, but it wouldn't bother me to see Islamist extremists killed. This bunch of  religious fanatics have committed atrocities in Africa, imposing their beliefs on everyone and if Islam is not accepted, they are tortured then killed.

It doesn't make Americans anti-Muslim, I have a close friend who is Muslim and he knows how I feel about Islamic terrorists and he agrees.  These religious leaders take their religion and learn how to use it and influence others to become part of their twisted ideals.  It is their way of keeping control of their people with complete absolution. 

Just look what they do to the Israeli civilian population - they've been slaughtered by human suicidal bombers.  Look at the 9/11 tragedy - they are told that if they complete the mission, they'd go to heaven and and 7 virgin wives.  Is that not twisted?

No other religion is tolerated in their counties, i.e. Saudi Arabia, Syria, Iran, other than Islam.  Any other and you're dead.  In the US, we have freedom of religion and respect the other's beliefs, although we may not agree with them, but it is still respected. 

I think it's important to inflict the most damage and that is cutting off the head of the snake - the fanatic, extreme religious leaders who twist their religion into something else perverse - it's important that we do that to Al Quaida, whether they're in Afghanistan, Somalia, the Philippines, or wherever else.

The ones causing atrocities in Somalia are none other than this Islamis Somalian sect.  They should be the ones who should be eliminated.   

Viggen:
You are of course right  Valiant1. However when it comes to religious fanatics, they are all twisted in their belives. No matter if they are islamic, catholics, buddists, jews or christian.

If you look at the conflict in Israel, then the suicidebombers are easy to understand. Not their choice of targets thou. Its the terror against the civilians that are wrong, but both sides just dont give a sh** anymore. They grew up with this kind of voilence, seen loved ones die or get hurt on either side. Of course they want revenge and payback. So there wont be any end to this conflict in the near future.

My question is, could the war between Ethiopia and Somalia spill over to Israel and Palestine?? With the whole middle-eastern and Africancontinent already being so unstable, was this involvement by US such a smart move?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version