Military Aviation > Defence in General

South American Arms Race

<< < (3/24) > >>

tigershark:
I think the joint venture between South Africa and Brazil my help the Gripen overall in Brazil's fighter selection. 

Link to Venture
http://www.engineeringnews.co.za/article.php?a_id=139408

valkyrian:
Hi to you all.

Here in Greece there are rumors that if we exchange M2000 for Rafale, after Sarkozy's offer, it is very possible that Dassault will offer the 2000s to Brazil.
Brazil is a big country, and i think that Grippen doesn't fit the role since it has small radius. That's why i think Rafale is more suitable.

SAS73:

--- Quote from: nonpilot on August 06, 2008, 09:09:16 PM ---What do you mean "propaganda their full production was false" you sent me the link a while back.  Are say say it wasn't true and Colombia doesn't produce BTR-80?  I'm confused? 

I know what Colombia bought Kfir wise just want to know how it's coming along?  Any deliveries, advance training, weapons package, etc, anything along those lines would be interesting.

Thanks

--- End quote ---

Well the building and construction of the Colombian BTR-80 "Caribe" was just aproject, as far as I know just a few models were constructed. About the KFIR I heard just the business, 12 new KFIR C10 and the upgrade of 12 more for a total of 24 fleet. about new weapons and armament for the KFIR not any news have been relaesed

SAS73:
Embraer delivers to Colombia the last of the 25th Super Tucanos sold by this Brazilian Company to Colombia.
The Super Tucano ALX A-29 is the perfect aircraft for COIN missions. The total of the busines was around USD$234 millions signed in december of 2005. The Super Tucano was used in the operation to kill Raul Reyes a famous warlord and leader of the FARC guerrilla in Colombia: This operation was taked five months ago were 26 guerrilleros were killed, includin "Reyes" and three were injured.

tigershark:
A little Peruvian Mig-29 news

Peru - Russia sign deal to repair MIG-29 fighter jets for $106 million
Peru | 13 August, 2008 [ 09:48 ]
In an agreement signed between Peru and Russia, it was established the Andean country would invest $106 million in the reparation of a fleet of MIG-29 fighter jets, said Peru's Defense Minister, Ántero Flores-Aráoz.

According to an official press release, it was announced the agreement between Russia and Peru was signed in the presence of military personal, civil authorities and the country's Defense Minister on Tuesday at an Air Force base in Chiclayo, one of Peru's northern coastal cities.

"We're off to a good start in the recovery of the Armed Force's operative capacity and this agreement is a good sign of that," affirmed Defense Minister Flores-Aráoz, stating it had not been easy to negotiate the pact with Russia.

"We've established excellent conditions in this deal and because of that I don't doubt that our pilots, our technical personnel and Peru in general will feel proud of this step, which puts us on the path to having Armed Forces in appropriate operative conditions," Flores-Aráoz said.

Peru's Air Force has a nineteen MIG-29 fighter jets it purchased from Russia and Belarus in the late 90s.

It was announced that these nineteen jets are to be repaired under the "Basic Defense" program.

The program is to spend $654 million on these types of projects until 2011.

Source
http://www.livinginperu.com/news-7127-peru-peru-russia-sign-deal-repair-mig-29-fighter-jets-106-million

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version