MILAVIA Forum - Military Aviation Discussion Forum

Author Topic: Threat to America  (Read 51029 times)

Offline Gripen

• General of Flight
  • WHATEVER YOUR PAST, THE FUTURE IS GRIPEN!
Re: Threat to America
« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2006, 12:32:51 AM »
I agree and disagree with you there.

America's politicians stick their noses into everything, but arn't they all elected, so arn't you selecting the nose-stickers-into-everything people?

And America dosent have conscription anymore, all of your soldiers are volunteers. They know the risks and they accept them for their country. Willing to die for your country is something that people can be proud of.

And America isnt the only country in Iraq. It annoys me so much when people say that America is the only country losing people in Iraq. Alot of other countries are there, having the people killed, but we dont hear about that on the news, its always America.

Im not anti-American, but your really need to change your foreign policy.

Offline Cobra2

• Hero of Flight
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2006, 12:22:46 AM »
Yeah....and quit posting such long stuff...  :-X did I just think out loud again?  ;D
Anyway, I know Britain is in there but who else is in there? are the Aussies?

Offline terminator

• Veteran
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2006, 02:12:46 AM »
there's even russians for christ's sake!!!! there are peruvians,colombians,salvadorians,germans,frenchies,etc,etc..we got them from those countries ,but we pay for their equipment and training,yeah man i heard alot about tha australians ,they got good soldiers they also got their own SAS unit right?
'711 I shall nerver forget you.......

Valiant1

« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2006, 05:07:39 AM »
To answer Gripen,

As far as us electiing these officials, half of us do and the other half don't - depends if you're Democrat or Republican - but I'm saying is that American people need to keep up with these politicians and make sure they're doing what they're elected to do, instead of abusing the privileges that have been given to them.

Offline Cobra2

• Hero of Flight
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2006, 02:27:10 AM »
there's even russians for christ's sake!!!! there are peruvians,colombians,salvadorians,germans,frenchies,etc,etc..we got them from those countries ,but we pay for their equipment and training,yeah man i heard alot about tha australians ,they got good soldiers they also got their own SAS unit right?

Russians and Germans?  are you sure?

Offline Webmaster

• MILAVIA Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • General of Flight
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2006, 01:04:11 AM »
who? Bush...

Seriously though, the most serious threat to the US is its own foreign politics. When they decide North Korea should be pre-emptied, or Iran be invaded, for whatever reasons, it will probably not be because of the threat they pose to America directly, only its interests and allies. In that sense I vote for Iran, because Iran might do something that the US doesn't like and action is taken. Then there's a threat to America because its military will be even more overstretched as well as the resulting terrorist attacks from Muslim extremists who will fight a Jihad.

Having said this, I have to add that I assume that the US is smart enough not to directly confront Iran or its regime. Secondly that the US foreign policies of protecting its allies is justified, but it might get the country into situations that can result in serious threats to its own safety.

China is an economical threat, I don't think it will be a military threat until they really do attack Taiwan.
  • Interests: Su-15, Su-27, Tu-22, Tornado, RNLAF
Niels Hillebrand
MILAVIA Webmaster

Valiant1

« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2006, 06:12:58 AM »
I agree with the things you said.  I, as an American,  originally supported the Iraq issue, but now, I am leaning against it.  As you said, our own foreign policy, dictated by our wonderful politicains of course, has become our worst enemy.  I agree going into Afghanistan and taking care of business there - and that's where I think the US should concentrate the manpower and resources, not Iraq. 

We're in no position to overstretch our forces; it would put us in a very vulnerable state.

I think maybe all Americans should unite and send our politicians to do the fighting!  Hoo! Hah! 

Offline Gripen

• General of Flight
« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2006, 04:10:43 AM »
Australia has troops in Afghanistan, Iraq, and some other places that i cant think of. our SAS is good, but its not as famous as the British one. Ours is small, but well equipped.

Offline Viggen

• General of Flight
  • We are not promised a tomorrow.
« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2006, 06:03:53 PM »
Australia has troops in Afghanistan, Iraq, and some other places that i cant think of. our SAS is good, but its not as famous as the British one. Ours is small, but well equipped.

They are having exercises together and the Australian SAS is just as tough. In my eyes, SAS is the only real special forces unit in the world. Who Dares, Wins!!  :)
  • Interests: SAAB 37 Viggen
Patrik S.

Valiant1

« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2007, 12:50:16 AM »
I beg to differ there Viggen, US Navy Seals aren't exactly a bunch of boy scouts. 

Offline Gripen

• General of Flight
« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2007, 01:04:11 AM »
The only good thing that SEALS have done is 3 good PS2 games and a PSP game!

Offline Viggen

• General of Flight
  • We are not promised a tomorrow.
« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2007, 08:21:48 PM »
The Seals are not bad at all. I just mean that SAS play in a whole diffrent leauge. Without SAS, US would not have Delta Force. They were trained and helped by SAS to start up the unit. Btw, this goes for many other countries that have special forces, including Sweden.

Navy seals is the water version of Delta, just as SBS is the same of SAS. The diffrence is that SBS is a part of SAS. The Seals belong to the navy and Delta to the Army. So here you have politicians deciding which one will be used in case of , for example  a hostage rescue. (Think of Iran 1980). 

They are all very good and dangerous and have proved themselfes in battle several times. But my point is that no other unit in the world have so much knowledge of warfare as SAS.  :)
  • Interests: SAAB 37 Viggen
Patrik S.

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com click to vote for MILAVIA