MILAVIA Forum - Military Aviation Discussion Forum

Author Topic: Threat to America  (Read 51009 times)

Offline RecceJet

• Fighter Ace
Re: Threat to America
« Reply #84 on: July 24, 2007, 04:28:05 PM »
Do you realise how far and hard it would be for the PROC to attack Australia, invasion wise anyway?
The Japanese made it that far in WW2. How big were they compared to modern China? Distance is a minor issue. Politics and economics play a more vital part.

Japan had an acutal navy that gave them the power to attack Australia

Does China have Aircraft Carriers (working ones anyway)
Do they have a proper naval airforce?

No they dont..
You obviously haven't seen the PLAAN order of battle recently. They have a far bigger navy than the RAN does, and you don't need just a navy to attack. They have more than enough troops to drop and planes to fly. But this is all irrelevant when you consider the economical and political aspects. I agree that China is more likely to enforce their interests by proxy instead of direct military force. They already have a strong influence in the Pacific region and in Africa.

Offline Gripen

• General of Flight
  • WHATEVER YOUR PAST, THE FUTURE IS GRIPEN!
« Reply #85 on: July 25, 2007, 08:01:26 AM »
ergh.

Why Would china do anything?

the second they do the US will hit them with everything they have, China will be destroyed.

Its stupid and pointless. It wont happen. the worst they could do is stop their exports and make everyone else make things thmselves. if you honestly think they will attack then your an idiot

Offline RecceJet

• Fighter Ace
« Reply #86 on: July 25, 2007, 08:46:36 AM »
ergh.

Why Would china do anything?

the second they do the US will hit them with everything they have, China will be destroyed.

Its stupid and pointless. It wont happen. the worst they could do is stop their exports and make everyone else make things thmselves. if you honestly think they will attack then your an idiot
This is how kids are taught to think in school today? Let's leave the opinions about who is an idiot out of the discussion.

If anyone honestly thinks China is moving towards readying their forces to make any attack, that person might know something a high-school student does not. Calling him or her an idiot because their logic doesn't compute with your's is hardly the basis for being an idiot.

Gripen, I don't see your points in this last post to be worth responding to, and if anything it has stopped the discussion. I, personally, was hoping for a more mature debate or sharing of ideas on the topic.

Offline Gripen

• General of Flight
  • WHATEVER YOUR PAST, THE FUTURE IS GRIPEN!
« Reply #87 on: July 25, 2007, 09:27:59 AM »
A: IM NOT IN HIGH SCHOOL
B: I KNOW SOMEONE WHO WORKS FOR ASIS. THEY KNOW WHAT CHINA CAN DO
C: DO YOU HONESTLY THINK THAT I WAS CALLING YOU THE IDIOT REECEJET?

Offline Raptor

• General of Flight
  • What's the next big thing?
« Reply #88 on: August 25, 2007, 12:48:25 PM »
Ahm... Didn't want to get caught in this disscussion. *wince*... But it does stand that China has an extremely large and versatile arsenal. You have to remember they have centuries of experience in predicting other general's or world leader's moves. I'm with reccejet on this. Unless you have anything to say, Grip? China nationals are not allowed out of the country except in tour groups, OR on the guaruntee of another person from the country they are going to visit that that same person WILL return. Blowing up the US will only show that they have much better hardware than the folks in the US have. And that will most likely serve to encourage people to buy solid objects from China. I say not food or medicines. I think most of you know why.

The fact that they crack down so hard on security is saying something. If they can build such an immense arsenal while their social economy rots away, it most likely signifies something, don't you think? I personally know people who live in china, people who visit China on a regular basis, and of course, this guys who knows this guy from the military in China. They may not be officially beginning to prepare for war, but who knows? It won't make a big difference to them. They have a larger population than Russia. They can handle mass decimation.
-JCLim

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com click to vote for MILAVIA