MILAVIA Forum - Military Aviation Discussion Forum

Author Topic: Threat to America  (Read 51010 times)

Offline terminator

• Veteran
Re: Threat to America
« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2007, 02:47:36 PM »
yeah man i agree the delta,seals,etc. come from the SAS ,not as good as supertroopers...
'711 I shall nerver forget you.......

Valiant1

« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2007, 10:35:50 PM »
Believe me, I don't knock the British on anything...on the contrary, I feel the US is in the position it's in now, one reason is because of Britain.  Here's some examples:

1. The best WW2 fighter in the world was the P-51D Mustang - a joining of an excellent airframe from North American, with Rolls Royce's Merlin engine.
2. The US nuclear aircraft carrier is the largest and most powerful warship afloat - the US acquired the hurricane bow, the angle deck and I believe, but I'm not sure,
     the steam catapult all from the British.
3. The British also shared their radar and jet technology with the US during WW2.

So, my hat's off to the Mother Country for their help.  I'm glad that in times of need, we can count on each other for assistance.

As for Gripen's comment about the SEALS, it's not worthy of a rebuttal.

Offline terminator

• Veteran
« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2007, 01:10:52 AM »
yeah valiant ,but who did the brits stole that tech from? the krauts,and the reds(at that time)true the brits make good things ,but even the brits wouldnt have gotten that tech if it wasnt for the motherland  or Jerry >:D >:D

Offline Gripen

• General of Flight
  • WHATEVER YOUR PAST, THE FUTURE IS GRIPEN!
« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2007, 01:17:06 AM »
Britain had radar before Germany, as far as i know, the german one was a copy of the British. And th british jet technology was never as good as the germans, they had a jet plane in 1938 and the british took to like 1942 to get one in the air. the only problem with germany was that hitler screwed them and wanted the ME-262 wanted to be built as a fighter-bomber instead of pure fighter

Offline Viggen

• General of Flight
  • We are not promised a tomorrow.
« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2007, 02:31:32 AM »
Now you kids play nice!!!  ;)

Germany has always been leading in the evolution of technoligy, its the harsh truth and reality. After WW2 both the allies and the russkies captured as much german information, scientists and tech as possible. From this the world evolved to what we have today. Hitler used all that technologi for his own bad agenda. But what if Hitler never went to war and used his scientists in a peaceful way?? Im not sure that US would been the first to land on the moon or the Russians to be first  launching a satelite or put a man in space. The germans  would probably have beaten everybody to it, and even perhaps break through the soundbarrier first.

But what all this has to do with the "Threat to America", i dont know.
  • Interests: SAAB 37 Viggen
Patrik S.

Offline terminator

• Veteran
« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2007, 02:36:19 PM »
yeah man we kind of went off course ,but u r right we wouldnt b were we r right now without jerry's help,what about now does germany have a good air force? i also heard the leopard 2 can b a match for our abrams is that true?

Offline alyster

• Hero of Flight
« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2007, 08:46:08 PM »
I beg to differ there Viggen, US Navy Seals aren't exactly a bunch of boy scouts. 

Accually that's one of the threats to America. Navy seals are not boy scouts, however large part of the regular army truely are boy scouts with toys. Alot of US soldiers in Iraq are my age who joined the army  just cause the army would pay for their collage education. They are not even old enough to legally drink alcohol in the states however they are men enough for the goverment to send them to the other side of the world to kill and to be killed  :-\
Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes

Offline Gripen

• General of Flight
« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2007, 12:35:15 AM »
i suppose thats how the government and the country say thanks

Valiant1

« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2007, 07:39:50 PM »
To answer Terminator, the Leopard 2 would definitely be a match for the M1A2 Abrams, particularly the Leopard 2A6 model that sporst a new 120mm long-barrelled 55 caliber smoothbore main cannon.  They can "reach out and touch someone" better than the older 50 caliber 120mm cannon, which the Abrams has. And BTW, the Abrams main cannon is built in the US but licensed under Rheinmetall of Germany who produces the guns for the Abrams and Leopards.

I hope the US Army will acquire this new cannon and install it in the Abrams, which would probably be designated M1A3 Abrams.  I also think the Challenger 2 is on a par with the Leopard 2 and Abrams.  I don't think anything else out there can touch these 3 supertanks, tank crews being equal.

Offline terminator

• Veteran
« Reply #45 on: January 05, 2007, 11:02:45 PM »
whats about the (something like this iam not sure)merkava ,is israeli ,the 1 that has a hatchet in the back of the tank?also what planes do they have eurofighters and....? ??? ???

Offline alyster

• Hero of Flight
« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2007, 12:50:07 AM »
You mean Merkava IV?
Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes

Offline Gripen

• General of Flight
« Reply #47 on: January 06, 2007, 01:07:04 AM »
Yea, the Merkava is a good tank. Basically the same as the Challenger, Lepard and Abrams in terms of speed, firepower and armour

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com click to vote for MILAVIA