MILAVIA Forum - Military Aviation Discussion Forum

Author Topic: Aviation Games,  (Read 12000 times)

Offline fizzog17

• Pilot
Aviation Games,
« on: April 07, 2007, 12:37:46 AM »
Hey Guys i have been looking for an aircombat game for my pc, but when i search for them all i see is flight simulators,
they get boring too fast for me, so was wondering if there is any games like LOCKON outhere.
at the time when i got LOCKON, my computer was really to old to play it properly but from what i did play it was far too technical for me, so basicly im looking for a easy to pick up and play game, rather then sit around reading the instructions must be air combat games jets E.T.C

thanks in Advance

stewart,  ;)
Who Dares Wins

Offline Globetrotter

• Hero of Flight
  • I'm Thomas (now Globetrotter)
Re: Aviation Games,
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2007, 02:31:42 AM »
Well, the only FS I have is from Novalogic, quite old, '98, and it is called MiG-29 Fulcrum. There are versions of F-16 and F-22. As a matter of fact, it is not ver realistic, but very easy to pick up, I learnt to take off and land without manuals in 2 hours of game.
It is also quite cheap (10 US$) and doesn't need a good computer to play. It runs better on win 95/98, though I have it functioning in Win XP, even though the mission editor doesn't function.
I don't know if you will be be able to get a copy... BTW, where are you from?

Hope to have helped,

Thomas
"Ad Astra Per Aspera"   (5º Grupo de Caza ≈ A-4AR Fightinghawk)

~ MALVINAS ARGENTINAS ~

Offline Viggen

• General of Flight
  • We are not promised a tomorrow.
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2007, 05:06:19 PM »
Jane´s USAF is pretty easy, but it has been around for a few years now.  :)
  • Interests: SAAB 37 Viggen
Patrik S.

Offline fizzog17

• Pilot
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2007, 09:24:59 PM »
thanks for your reply guys, i will try them out. i allso updated my profile i am in the UK  ;)
Who Dares Wins

Offline Flanker.94

• Flight Leader
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2007, 12:59:38 AM »
Guys, if you want a good combat simulator for PS2, you can try the Ace Combat games. There is also one for PSP: Ace Combat X.
It's time to dive in the fireworks!

Offline fizzog17

• Pilot
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2007, 09:58:28 AM »
i only have an xbox  ;D
Who Dares Wins

Offline Viggen

• General of Flight
  • We are not promised a tomorrow.
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2007, 11:19:24 PM »
Well, i have just tested the demo of the latest Ace Combat for Xbox 360. This must been the most beautiful and photogeneric graphics i have seen so far in a aviation game. The details on the planes are extraordinary, its like looking at a aviation movie.

The gameplay is just as before, no changes that i noticed. Still in a arcade form then a true hardcore simulation, 99 missiles and unlimited rounds for the cannon.  :) The replays are just as as great to watch as before, but even more fun because of the exellent graphics.

But i must mention that i tried it out on full HDTV, so i dont know how much it will loose in detail on a normal tv. Usally it is like day and night.  :(

Im soon buying a 360 and this is one game that i will invest in even thou i dont owna full HDTV. Already bought Forza2...So why not Ace Combat also.  ;D
  • Interests: SAAB 37 Viggen
Patrik S.

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com click to vote for MILAVIA