MILAVIA Forum - Military Aviation Discussion Forum

Author Topic: Call of Duty 4 anyone  (Read 9071 times)

Offline WRCKid

• Veteran
Call of Duty 4 anyone
« on: January 04, 2008, 12:05:20 AM »
Anyone have it for the Xbox 360? I bought the game lastnight and OMG this game is awesome!!!! very realistic, I'm in awe at this game...

Offline Webmaster

• MILAVIA Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • General of Flight
Re: Call of Duty 4 anyone
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2008, 01:53:29 AM »
Played the demo on the pc today. Looks very good, is good fun, but it's still CoD... very arcade like gameplay, pre-determined route, not tactical, etc. Just action is good, but I like a bit of a challenge in addition to just keeping out of enemy fire and hitting your targets.

No offence, it's a good game, lots of action, but I can wait for the price to go down to 10-15 euros, instead of 60 euros.
  • Interests: Su-15, Su-27, Tu-22, Tornado, RNLAF
Niels Hillebrand
MILAVIA Webmaster

Offline WRCKid

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2008, 04:34:19 PM »
Played the demo on the pc today. Looks very good, is good fun, but it's still CoD... very arcade like gameplay, pre-determined route, not tactical, etc. Just action is good, but I like a bit of a challenge in addition to just keeping out of enemy fire and hitting your targets.

No offence, it's a good game, lots of action, but I can wait for the price to go down to 10-15 euros, instead of 60 euros.
Oh none taken my friend but Holly smokes!!!!! 60 Euros???? why so much money, I tell ya' these gaming companies are making a killing on games, both in Canada and overseas it's insane, wish they would do something about it...the PC game it's somewhere around $48 - $60

Anyway, the game as a lot tactical parts to it IMO it forces you to play smart the game play changes just like real combat the further you get on the game,  I think it really forces you to think your game play on FPS.

Offline Raptor

• General of Flight
  • What's the next big thing?
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2008, 01:11:13 PM »
Hehe. 60 euros is 3 times the amount we pay here in Singapore. 40SGD a copy for the PC version. Actually, i have to disagree with WRC here. There are only oh-so-few FPS out there with real tactics involved. Apparently it's side-by-side with Crysis graphics-wise. Haven't tried Crysis yet, but it's supposed to be CoD4's equal.
-JCLim

Offline WRCKid

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2008, 10:25:50 PM »
I don't know man, this has got to be one of the games that I've played where tactics are a big part of the game, and the attention to detail OMG, I am seriously blown away (no pun intended) by the realism of this game...Seriously if you haven't played it go out and buy it (when the price drops that is, if too expensive) you will not regret it it is that good.

Offline Raptor

• General of Flight
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2008, 08:20:07 AM »
I didn't regret either it or crysis. ;D spent almost 4 hours playing both. CoD4 is so darn realistic that it's hard to find your enemy.
-JCLim

Offline MightyHunter

• Flight Leader
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2008, 04:37:44 AM »
LOVE COD 4 but some weird reason i keep going back to MOH Airborne  :-\ is this normal

Offline iluveagles

• Veteran
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2008, 05:26:39 AM »
COD 4 is awesome! Borrowed it from a friend for computer and beat it, I need to buy it for PS3 for the online(for some reason I can't get online to work for the computer, weird.........).

Offline Gripen

• General of Flight
  • WHATEVER YOUR PAST, THE FUTURE IS GRIPEN!
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2008, 10:48:24 AM »
Played it on my uncles Xbox, i finished it really quick, its good but its too short, they need to add more levels or something  :-[

Offline SAS73

• Veteran
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2008, 08:45:17 PM »
Played on PC, awesome graphics, sound and AI. just finished the regular or medium campaing.

Offline Raptor

• General of Flight
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2008, 07:53:43 AM »
Crysis was definitely more Arcade style.  ;) CoD4 is a sit-down for a while game. It beats Halo though. Aliens... Please...
-JCLim

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com click to vote for MILAVIA