MILAVIA Forum - Military Aviation Discussion Forum

Author Topic: Flightsimulators  (Read 32200 times)

Offline Webmaster

• MILAVIA Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • General of Flight
Re: Flightsimulators
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2006, 01:13:10 AM »
Hahahaha, one of the very few dangers of simulated flight at home, esp. compared to the real thing.

Careful mate!  :P
  • Interests: Su-15, Su-27, Tu-22, Tornado, RNLAF
Niels Hillebrand
MILAVIA Webmaster

Offline Viggen

• General of Flight
  • We are not promised a tomorrow.
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2006, 09:33:49 AM »
Neither the joystick or my toe broke...Thats atleast positive.  :)

Btw, MS Flightsimulator X is planned to be released sometime this winter if everything goes according to the plans. The first pictures looks very promising. :D

www.fsplanet.com/fsplanet_com_fsx.htm
  • Interests: SAAB 37 Viggen
Patrik S.

Offline Webmaster

• MILAVIA Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • General of Flight
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2006, 01:42:50 PM »
Hmm, looks just like more of the same to me. Probably need high spec system to run it with all the detail. What is Windows hardware anyway?

Why did they call it X? Probably not sure whether they can launch it in 2006 or that it will be 2007. What comes after X? XX?
Niels Hillebrand
MILAVIA Webmaster

Offline Viggen

• General of Flight
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2006, 02:03:38 PM »
Well the big question is how will they succed with the feel of the aircrafts? That have always been the most positive thing with MS Flightsim. In the flightsim community FS has no equal when it comes to the realism of flying.  ;)

Yes, you would probably need a PC on steroids to be able to run it with the best graphicssettings. But its always the details that separates a good sim from a bad one. But now im only talking about graphics.  :P

What really counts is how well they are able to simulate the aircraft,  the enviroment and the interaction between them.  :)
Patrik S.

Offline Air Marshal

• Fighter Ace
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2006, 10:53:32 PM »
My All Time Favorite of USAF United States Air Force, Because of Its Tactical Missions & Arming, Great!!!
PAKISTAN AIR FORCE (www.paffalcons.com)

FOR THOSE WHO DARE THE FUTURE IN THE SKIES

Offline Viggen

• General of Flight
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2006, 02:46:11 PM »
Just a little update on MS Flightsim X.  Some trailers are released and you are going to be able to play missions based on true events. More interactive enviroment, not just on airports but on oceans, roads and cities. Interactive animals, whales, elephants and more, all based on real time.

Two versions will be released, the regular and the de luxe version. The de luxe version will contain some extra airplanes and SDK (Software Development, making your own aircraft and airports).

Trailer: www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=10982&type=wmv&pl=game
There is a short movie of Ape escape first before the real trailer starts!
« Last Edit: July 19, 2006, 02:49:38 PM by Viggen »
Patrik S.

Offline Webmaster

• MILAVIA Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • General of Flight
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2006, 03:32:30 PM »
LOL, I almost thought they would let monkeys fly the planes.

I'm still not sure, looks nice, but if you need to put it on low quality to be able to play, what happens to all the animated animals and events...
Niels Hillebrand
MILAVIA Webmaster

Offline Viggen

• General of Flight
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2006, 04:32:50 PM »
He he!!  ;D

I guess you can remove the animals and traffic in the options-screen if nessecary, so you will end up with an expensive FS2004.

Anyway, im going to buy it. So if you dont want to invest in the sim right away, wait until i try it out and let you know how good/bad it is. Think the release-date is set in september this year.  :)
Patrik S.

Offline Viggen

• General of Flight
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2006, 03:39:06 PM »
Flying the Draken over Sweden during late evening, engaging the afterburner and let it rip straight up into the sky. I just love FS2004.  ;)
Patrik S.

Offline Viggen

• General of Flight
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2006, 04:00:19 PM »
Well the time hase arrived....FSX is here and i have flown it. It was as i expected. The simulation of the aircraft are better and more real. But the hunt for FPS (Frames per second) ruins the game. You need a really good PC and graphics-card to be able to run the game smoothly.

The positive side is that you have missions to fly and you may choose how real the aircraft should behave. So if you are a beginner, you could fly it without crashing and the basic needs for steering the plane around.

During these missions, surprises do happen. Like the engine cuts out and then you need to do the right procedure for restarting or use an auxilary systems. But its up to you how tough these missions will be. You can choose from several missions like, The Red Bull Air Race, flowerbombing, Rescue missions or compete in a proffesional sailplane and much more. At the end of eah mission you can earn medals and unlock new aircraft.

The enviroment is more alive now. There is animated cars on the roads, ships in lakes and oceans. Animals, birds. Airports have workes, passangers and all the things in between. How much of this is again up to you.

Then we have the aircraft....There are more then in the previos sims, but still no military jets. But you can always download freeware addons as time progress and developers release them. I know that a highly detailed Gripen is under development for FSX, but  i dont know when it will be released.

All addon-planes from FS2004 can be used in FSX. But you have to install them manually, since the folders have changed somewhat in FSX.

If you have not tested the FS-series before, i recomend you buy FS2004 first. FSX is always expensive to buy no matter where you live.So if you dont like the game you have not lost a small fortune.

Another great thing with the FS-series is the online-community. Here you really get to fly against the best, real pilots from all over the world. Some are civilian private pilots, some work as airline pilots, you also run into the fighterjocks who usally train navigation or just like to hang on your six while you try to loose them. You will meet all kinds, and they usally dont mind helping out with questions about flying.  :)

Enjoy!!!  8)
Patrik S.

Offline Webmaster

• MILAVIA Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • General of Flight
« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2006, 05:30:00 PM »
Thanks for the review, Viggen! Very nice.
Niels Hillebrand
MILAVIA Webmaster

Offline Viggen

• General of Flight
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2006, 08:21:01 PM »
Thanks Niels.. I only had the game for 24 hours now, so more positive and negative things will show up as i will continue to fiddle around in the sim. I will probably add things here as i go along and the game progress through time. Dont know how many persons here that are intrested in flightsimulators. But most ppl usally are if they are into aircraft.

But my point to is that if you ar intrested in a serious flightsimulator, then there is only 2 to choose from. FS-series and Falcon series.  :)
Patrik S.

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com click to vote for MILAVIA