MILAVIA Forum - Military Aviation Discussion Forum

Author Topic: Halo 3  (Read 27501 times)

Offline WRCKid

• Veteran
Halo 3
« on: September 26, 2007, 06:30:51 PM »
Okay, since the game came out yesterday and I have a copy of it, anyone on here has it yet, played it, interested at all? if so what is your XBL ID maybe we can get a Milavia tournament going on-line :D

Offline Viggen

• General of Flight
  • We are not promised a tomorrow.
Re: Halo 3
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2007, 06:37:15 PM »
Ohhh nooo, not you also!!  ;)

My brother bought it last night, they relesed it at 00:00 hours. I dont think he has left his 360 since.  ;D
  • Interests: SAAB 37 Viggen
Patrik S.

Offline WRCKid

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2007, 08:34:48 PM »

My brother bought it last night, they relesed it at 00:00 hours. I dont think he has left his 360 since.  ;D
Dude, I'm all abou the Halo!!!

Offline alyster

• Hero of Flight
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2007, 11:15:51 AM »
Halo WHAT?  ::)
Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes

Offline Viggen

• General of Flight
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2007, 02:58:24 PM »

Dude, I'm all abou the Halo!!!

Halo fanatic as my brother are you?
I never liked the game, but it aint a bad one. Its more that i really suck at it, thats why i dont like to play Halo. I stick to BF2, at least i can stay alive in that game.  ;D

-Alyster-

I know your joking, no one can have missed the Halo 3 launch and all the commercials on tv over the world... LOL
Patrik S.

Offline WRCKid

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2007, 07:18:08 PM »

Halo fanatic as my brother are you?
I never liked the game, but it aint a bad one. Its more that i really suck at it, thats why i dont like to play Halo. I stick to BF2, at least i can stay alive in that game.  ;D

BF2 is good, I used to play that game a lot I was the Engineer! Have you seen the new Call of Duty 4 game that's coming out? looks really dope! I'm not a huge Halo fanatic, I do love the game though, about 80% of the people that play Halo are fanatics, I'm more of the 20% percent I just want to finish the game so I can get an ending to the story that started back in 2004 on Halo 2, since I felt I got robbed with the ending of the game, I was so pissed I wanted to throw my controller and smash it because of that ending!

Offline alyster

• Hero of Flight
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2007, 08:02:22 PM »
I know your joking, no one can have missed the Halo 3 launch and all the commercials on tv over the world... LOL

Seriously I haven't. They usually don't promote the games here on TV because we usually download them (illegally) ::) and I don't have a TV in campus, I just don't have room for one nor time.

Offline Viggen

• General of Flight
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2007, 11:41:50 PM »
I dont know what to say about Cod4. It looks great, but it lacks in something that i cant put my finger on...I was pretty surprised that i did not enjoy it, since i like fps-games that are about modern warfare. Maybe its because of there is a lack of realism.

However i bought a new game last week. "World in conflict",  cold war just went warm.   Reminds me of the old command & conquer games but without all the resource handling. Great graphics, wonderful sound and weapons accurate of the time.  Could not belive it would be this fun to nuke the enemy!  ;D

-Alyster-
No worries, you aint missing out. If you have not played the first two, then its no big deal to miss the third one. But like WRCKid here says, the ones that played it before wants to know how the trilogy ends.  :)
Patrik S.

Offline alyster

• Hero of Flight
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2007, 08:46:47 AM »
Need to play the last part of a trilogy GAME  ??? I can understand if someone needs [actually has to] read the last book of LOTR, or even Harry Potter, although Potter sucks, but a GAME??? It's like I want to see how Super Mario ends  ::) (anyone remember that one at all?)

Offline WRCKid

• Veteran
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2007, 06:09:10 PM »
Need to play the last part of a trilogy GAME  ??? I can understand if someone needs [actually has to] read the last book of LOTR, or even Harry Potter, although Potter sucks, but a GAME??? It's like I want to see how Super Mario ends  ::) (anyone remember that one at all?)
Super Mario? dude I'm part of the 8bit generation, but to answer you question Halo is/has been driven by the plot line of the game if you played the first one you and invested a good chunk of your days playing the game, you have to have some closure, as I said before the way H2 ended left a lot of un-answered questions just like a book I want to know how the plot line ends, I want to see what happens.

Offline Cobra2

• Hero of Flight
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2007, 04:28:06 AM »
Never played it but honestly I only like games that are realistic (not graphics wise) not with aliens and robots. I play BF2 on the PS2 along with Rainbow Six Lockdown. Hwoever, YS Flight is my favorite military simulation. I probably have over 400 planes now, 25 maps, 30 tanks, and 110 other stuff not in those categories such as the BGM-109 Tomahawk, Japanese OUKA 3-rocket kamakazi...thing, and cars and even over 40 battleships, aircraft carriers, cruisers, torpedo boats etc.! even the Yamato and Admiral Kuznetzov! I love YS Flight's flexibility :) you can even have cannons and AA guns, missile platforms etc like the ZSU-23 Shilka, M-6 Bradley Linebacker, its amazing lol

Oops I got way off topic wow lol forgot what topic I was at :P

Offline Raptor

• General of Flight
  • What's the next big thing?
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2007, 10:46:10 AM »
Hey guys. Haha i'm no Halo fanatic, but Halo 3 is cool. I didn't really enjoy Halo 2, so 3 was a try-out at a cousin's house. BF2 is good. I have the whole series, including the commando expansion packs... Rainbow Six is just not nice.

I haven't tried CoD 4. Does it really lack realism, Viggen? I thought they would make it pretty much realistic enough, with all that WWII rep backup...

Ah. Oh, yes. I really like the Conflict series, but i haven't tried the World in conflict one yet. I got 4 (can you believe it, 4!) ADV e-mails telling me it would be in stores soon. Anyway, i can't really play now... EOYS are coming to town, lalala. (Sung to 'Santa Claus is coming to town')

Oh, Cobra. You should try Splinter Cell. It's the most realistic game i've ever played. The controls are so stiff it fells like a real guy.

And Viggen, i'm a C&C fan, so don't insult it!  ;D ;D ;D
-JCLim

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com click to vote for MILAVIA