MILAVIA Forum - Military Aviation Discussion Forum

Author Topic: Will FS2004 work on my computer?  (Read 17461 times)

Offline Viggen

• General of Flight
  • We are not promised a tomorrow.
Re: Will FS2004 work on my computer?
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2008, 09:46:46 PM »
Hi Cobra!

Like Raptor says. If you are going to play FS online just disable all firewalls and antivirus prg´s. 
About the portforwarding. The only answer i can give is that you check your manual for FS. It must be written somewhere in there, which ports the game is using.

Yeah, landings are tricky in the beginning. I often landed too hard, still do sometimes. I just come in on the final too fast and want to force the fighter down on the runway, just to get it over with after a longer flight.
Low level fligts are the most fun, you can almost imagine all the windows that will break when you fly supersonic over at town or city. LOL.  I know that some freeware jets comes with the sonicboom effect, always fun to see and hear from the outside view.

I dont have so much time anylonger to fly online as much as i use to do. Usally i just go up alone now, take a "short" flight with the Gripen or whatever fighter im in the mood to fly. I´ll do the Grand Canyon run or make a trip to Mt Everest in a prop just to challenge myself.

The Image shows my last flight. Did a tour over Vietnam, downloaded accurat weather from 1969 ?? ??. It was fun flying, but no MIG´s around.  ;D

PS. FSX does not support aircraft from older FS versions. You can use aircraft from FS2004, but strange things happens to them and the flying. Like the lack of canopys, no VR cockpits, no landing gears or they are always shown in the extended position, afterburner dissapears. Aircraft suddenly stalls or there is no stop to how fast you can fly, speed just keeps on increasing if you give it full throttle. I was going almost Mach 10 with an F-111, he he.
  • Interests: SAAB 37 Viggen
Patrik S.

Offline Cobra2

• Hero of Flight
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2008, 12:14:13 AM »
Oh and Viggen, I found out that FS2002 does support GMax models. Almost every 2002 plane I have is Gmax.

And also, I found one F-4 for FS, however it had no virtual cockpit, and just a Lear 45 cockpit...haha...and the cockpit downloads were down for all FS versions at the time. So I just deleted it  ;D

My favorite jets to fly so far, are: Mirage IIICR, MiG-21 (HAF and Soviet Airforce), F-16C, Saab Viggen (MUCH FUN!!), F-14D, Dassault Rafale-M. And, of course, the beautiful and fun BAC Lightning!

Offline Viggen

• General of Flight
  • We are not promised a tomorrow.
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2008, 10:29:25 AM »
Cool, thats more then i knew.

Btw, whos Viggen are you using, is it the one made by the japanese guy or Alphasim´s version?  :)
  • Interests: SAAB 37 Viggen
Patrik S.

Offline Cobra2

• Hero of Flight
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2008, 05:49:09 PM »
To tell you the truth I can't remember lol (I get addons by bulk....I've gotta stop that...its easy to get a little carried away, you know what I mean ;) ) but I got about 5 or 6 addons that time so I can't remember lol. But its a very realistic Viggen and VC and the whole package but I believe it might be Alphasim :)

For some reason though, the XML files aren't doing what they should, I put the gauge in the gauge folder, then the XML file but the vapor still doesn't appear. And why they use gauges instead of effects for vapor I don't know...lol. Well, I don't think effect files can be coded to only do it when pulling a certain amount of G's under a certain altitude. So that must be why it has to be gauges and XML.

And my latest flight: Landing an EA-6B Prowler on an aircraft carrier...yay..., and I can get the F-14 on the boat 9 out of 10 times now lol. Next is the E-2C! LOL

« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 05:53:23 PM by Cobra2 »

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com click to vote for MILAVIA