MILAVIA Forum - Military Aviation Discussion Forum

Author Topic: Your favourite game  (Read 94279 times)

Offline Viggen

• General of Flight
  • We are not promised a tomorrow.
Re: Your favourite game
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2006, 04:05:23 AM »
I was never to much into WWII games, but i did play BF1942/CoD2 alot.  I recently got my hands on a copy of NFS Carbon. My personal view is that this is the best of the series. Really nice to get a break from more serious racing games. Just floor the pedal and race to the limits and beyond.  ;D
  • Interests: SAAB 37 Viggen
Patrik S.

Offline Cobra2

• Hero of Flight
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2006, 04:10:59 AM »
WWII games are my favorite. I like how CoD3 has the more CoD: Finest Hour feel to it. CoD2: Big Red One was a great game but it just didnt feel right ya know? its not chaotic enough...and way way way too linear. CoD3 is great though.

Offline Viggen

• General of Flight
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2006, 05:43:16 AM »
Ok, that sounds much better. Maybe i should give CoD3 a chance then.  :)
Patrik S.

Offline Cobra2

• Hero of Flight
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2006, 06:46:43 AM »
Yes, definitly get it...(if you still can)...Viggen, are you going to buy it for the ps2? because thats what I have. And does anyone know if the PS3 online version of CoD3 maps are bigger than the PS2 version of online?

Offline Viggen

• General of Flight
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2006, 06:51:47 PM »
Honestly i dont use my PS2 very much, just been collecting dust for over 6 months now. Last game i played on it was Ace Combat 5. I have recently invested in a new pc, so i play most games on this beauty insted.   :)
Patrik S.

Offline Cobra2

• Hero of Flight
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2006, 07:47:24 PM »
I have a router and stuff with Armstrong (Zoom) internet and a wireless connection thing but do you think that my comp usually 36, 48, and 54 MBPS. But I dont have a graphics card and special stuff. Heres its specs:

330 Intel Celeron D Proccessor 330

120 GB Hard Drive

256MB DDR SDRAM

Intel Graphics Extreme 3D

Is all of this stuff fast enough to download games and play them and stuff? what do you guys use?

Offline Viggen

• General of Flight
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2006, 05:44:41 PM »
I have a router and stuff with Armstrong (Zoom) internet and a wireless connection thing but do you think that my comp usually 36, 48, and 54 MBPS. But I dont have a graphics card and special stuff. Heres its specs:

330 Intel Celeron D Proccessor 330

120 GB Hard Drive

256MB DDR SDRAM

Intel Graphics Extreme 3D

Is all of this stuff fast enough to download games and play them and stuff? what do you guys use?

Its enough to play online, but if you want to "speed" up you pc a little bit. I suggest that you get at least 1Gb of SDRAM. It will make your pc work more stable. A new graphicscard could also be in place. Try to find one with 256Mb or above.

The graphic-card issue is always a pain in the butt. There is so many diffrent on the market. The latest cards support DirectX 10, that is what i would aim for. But since they are so new, they cost a fortune.  :)
Patrik S.

Offline Cobra2

• Hero of Flight
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2006, 10:00:10 PM »
Yeah, I can already play online with my PS2 and its pretty cool but I want to play BF2 and CoD3 and games like that online with the computer because of bigger maps and more vehicles and stuff like that. Thanks Viggen.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2006, 04:29:08 AM by Cobra2 »

Offline Viggen

• General of Flight
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2006, 11:18:06 PM »
Onlinegaming is a bit special. It is important to have a good rate of both up and download-speed.  Since you are playing on big maps, there is alot of information that will be passing between you and the server. When there is not sufficent rate of information being traded, then you have that well known "lag".

For example: I have 2Mbit up and 2Mbit down. Lower then this would probably get you in trouble on 64 player maps. I get a little "lag" sometimes, but it helps if i turn my firewall off.

My specs.
Processor: Pentium4 650, 3.4 GHz
Hard drive: 200 GB SATA
Video card: XFX GeForce 7800GT 256Mb PCI-Express.
RAM: 1 GB
Patrik S.

Offline Cobra2

• Hero of Flight
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2006, 04:32:24 AM »
Yeah, nvm then. I'll just stick with playing online with my ps2  :D there's nothing wrong with it but I just wish that online ps2 war games had bigger maps :( by the way, Call of Duty 3 is my favorite online ps2 game. GO CoD3!!!

Offline Raptor

• General of Flight
  • What's the next big thing?
« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2006, 10:53:04 AM »
Oh, man i didn't see C&C!!! Played every single mission right through and i can't withdraw my vote...  :'(

Call of Duty beats Grand Theft Auto, Grip. Interesting chat you guys have running here, though...
-JCLim

Offline Gripen

• General of Flight
  • WHATEVER YOUR PAST, THE FUTURE IS GRIPEN!
« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2006, 10:54:32 AM »
OMG I just played COD 3, and i love the visuals in it, the Xbox 360 Version. I havent played it on PS2 yet...ive been playing Need For Speed Most Wanted again!

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com click to vote for MILAVIA