MILAVIA Forum - Military Aviation Discussion Forum

Author Topic: Your favourite game  (Read 95217 times)

Offline Cobra2

• Hero of Flight
Re: Your favourite game
« Reply #84 on: January 21, 2007, 06:51:42 AM »
But do I ABSOLUTELY need a graphics card...my computer is approx. 3 years old...so do you think it will work?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 12:14:50 AM by Cobra2 »

Offline Raptor

• General of Flight
  • What's the next big thing?
« Reply #85 on: January 22, 2007, 01:03:29 PM »
Back to the polls, Call of Duty is somewhere in the top, leading the rest by a lot...
-JCLim

Offline Cobra2

• Hero of Flight
« Reply #86 on: February 01, 2007, 09:31:49 AM »
OK one last question, since I dont think Lock-on will work yet I think I'm going to have to resort to MS flight sim 2001 that my sister used to use for training when she was training to be a pilot when she was 14 years old  :o
anyway, do any of you think it will work on my comp with no graphics card? (my sister never used one and it played fine with no lag) I just need to fly something. Thanks.

Offline Raptor

• General of Flight
« Reply #87 on: February 02, 2007, 07:25:17 AM »
Yes. It'll work Just that you won't have a very nice look. Want my FS 2004?
-JCLim

Offline Cobra2

• Hero of Flight
« Reply #88 on: February 02, 2007, 11:06:58 PM »
Haha, I know  ;D but my comp is not up to high standards  :'( so it is all i cna play...so it wont ruin my comp then? thanks.

Offline Raptor

• General of Flight
« Reply #89 on: February 03, 2007, 08:58:17 AM »
Haha. What OS are you using? XP?
-JCLim

Offline Cobra2

• Hero of Flight
« Reply #90 on: February 03, 2007, 07:02:45 PM »
Yeah, an XP with 256mb RAAM, 120gb hard drive, Intel Celeron D Proccessor, and Intel Extreme Graphics 3D.

What do you think?

Offline Cobra2

• Hero of Flight
« Reply #91 on: February 05, 2007, 01:16:41 AM »
Well, I tried flight simulator and it works great!  ;D the one that I fly the best is the Sopwith Camel  :D it has 4 controls...Cessna is quite easy to fly :) but the Concord and Lear Jet are pretty hard.
Anyway, I wanna fly a military plane of course...didnt one of you say that you can download them?

Offline Viggen

• General of Flight
  • We are not promised a tomorrow.
« Reply #92 on: February 05, 2007, 04:07:22 AM »
Cobra2, here you can download military jets for your flightsim, you dont have to become a member to dowwnload and these are all freeware.
http://www.simviation.com/menu.html
 :)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 04:55:08 AM by Viggen »
  • Interests: SAAB 37 Viggen
Patrik S.

Offline Viggen

• General of Flight
  • We are not promised a tomorrow.
« Reply #93 on: February 05, 2007, 04:49:12 AM »
Well, i recently spent some time finally with Rainbow Six Las Vegas.

It is definatly a "must have" if you are a fan of the series. The combats are great, you are not just walking next to a wall anymore. You can walk with your back up against it, leaning slowly around the corner. Checking if there is enemies, then engaging them. Knowing where they are makes it a bit easier, but the feel of the engegment is much more realistic.

The shootouts work geniously by taking cover behind obstacles, laying cover fire or engaging a enemy that is foolish enough to put his head up to high. It is more action then before but the tactical knowledge is there too, since you and your team cant just rush forward. The enemy takes cover and slowy working their way towards you from different angels once they are engaged in combat. So far the "AI" of the enemy has worked flawless.

Graphics are good and so is the sound, but controlling the team is a bit diffrent then earlier so i have not yet got used to it. This in turn makes me do some tactical misses. For example, i sent my team into a room filled with bad guys without checking. They managed to take the enemy out, but they sure told me of my mistake.

So when you are going to clear a room, you are supposed to use the fiberoptics. Then you can "tag" some of the enemies and send the team in from a diffrent door, while you go through the first one. By "tagging" an enemy the team takes out the ones you have marked and you can take out the closest one to you. This way you get a tactical advantage when rescuing hostages. The team are not shooting on the one enemy closest to the door, but spreading the firepower where it counts. This may sound pretty advanced, but it is not. Just a few simple clicks and you can let a hellstorm rain over the terrorists.

So far i have only seen improvments that work well. i have not yet made my way through the first stage so i might be a bit overimpressed. Compared to Battlefield 2, RS Las Vegas it is much better. Since a headshot is deadly from any kind of weapon, you always think twice before sticking your head up during a firefight. It is just more realistic overall, and realism is what makes a game great in my eyes  :D :D :D
« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 04:52:52 AM by Viggen »
  • Interests: SAAB 37 Viggen
Patrik S.

Offline Cobra2

• Hero of Flight
« Reply #94 on: February 05, 2007, 07:11:31 AM »
Me too Viggen  :) I'm glad you like your game.
I have another question though, since Flight Simulator 2000 works almost flawlessly on my computer with no lag do you think it could handle Lock-on Modern Air Combat the same way? and if it has to be done I could do so tweaking to the graphics to make it run better but in general do you think it will work ok? and it cant ruin my comp right?

Offline Cobra2

• Hero of Flight
« Reply #95 on: February 05, 2007, 07:19:50 AM »
Cobra2, here you can download military jets for your flightsim, you dont have to become a member to dowwnload and these are all freeware.
http://www.simviation.com/menu.html
 :)

So its free? is it easy and it cant overwrite my game or hurt my computer can it? and does it work for FS2000?
And thanks for the link I cant wait :)

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com click to vote for MILAVIA