MILAVIA Forum - Military Aviation Discussion Forum

Author Topic: YS Flight Simulator  (Read 21026 times)

Offline Cobra2

• Hero of Flight
YS Flight Simulator
« on: August 25, 2007, 12:57:10 AM »
Hi guys, I found this flight simulator a couple weeks ago and downloaded it. Its a small download and the aircraft by default suck....really bad. But I told Viggen about it and he likes it too and I downloaded the 2ch GAC aircraft pack V.08 and its really cool it has the IL-76, A-50 Mainstay (IL-76 AEW), F-22 Raptor, L-39 Albotros, F-15 Eagle, Saab Gripen, Viggen, and Draken, E-3 Sentry, F-18E/F/D/C, F-16C/D and a TON more including other and the same aircraft repaints for countries such as Finland, Russia, US, UK, Australia, Sweden, Germany, I think the Netherlands (not sure) etc.

Anyway, the sound isn't too good but you can download a sound file to sound better and stuff as well as new maps and such. And its a blast to do airshows expecially with friends online (thats where the hearts at :) ) and I think if you all download YS and the 2ch GAC pack that all of us flying in formation or low-level, bombing together, taking on eachother or Humans Vs. AI, normal flying, or performing airshows, or intercepting bombers together would be so much fun.

So download YS Flight at www.ysflight.com, then go to www.yspilots.com and look on the bar at the left and you will see addons, go to addon links and look for 2ch Pack and go to the side and look for 'Created for 2ch' or whatever and click GAC and download Version V.08 nad its much fun. There are challenges too like landing on a carrier (not like Ace Combat thats for sure!) or cross-wind landing in zero visibility and dogfighting online BVR or close up. Please download it because me and Viggen are going to play online together whenever were both on :)

Sorry for the long paragraph  ;D

Offline Raptor

• General of Flight
  • What's the next big thing?
Re: YS Flight Simulator
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2007, 10:04:10 AM »
Actually...Try the URL under my sig. A friend of mine did the website. A few interesting tips on the sim itself. And the graphics aren't too good either but actually it's superb for that kind of sim. The script is written by a Japanese, and my friend-who-did-the-funny-website does Java, so they're pretty good associates.
-JCLim

Offline M@H3W

• Recruit
  • This site rocks
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2007, 07:31:20 AM »
I play ysflight also, ive been on it since over a year and a half. Im sort of a ysflight addict, you can ask me anything about the game and making the add-ons, i do a lot of that as a hobbie.
M@H3W 8)

Offline Viggen

• General of Flight
  • We are not promised a tomorrow.
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2007, 12:50:16 AM »
-M@H3W-

Welcome to Milavias forum!  :)
  • Interests: SAAB 37 Viggen
Patrik S.

Offline Raptor

• General of Flight
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2007, 01:52:24 PM »
Welcome to the forum, and okay, will do.
-JCLim

Offline Cobra2

• Hero of Flight
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2007, 07:40:33 PM »
Hey Matt  :D

And yes YS Flight is very, very addicting. And go to Youtube and search YS Flight and a lot of airshows for YS Flight (Yes, there is official airshows!!  ;D) and there is transparent canopies and everything. Ground isn't too good but when you get into online it doesn't even matter as long as you have addons. Alot of real pilots play it too...I talked to a B-52 pilot the other day. I have over 200 addon aircraft now and over 20 maps. And there are people that play as ATC and ATC is a blast to communicate with and they are real people as ATC. There are SAR teams and squadrons and even airlines and demo teams such as the Virtual Blue Angels called YSVBA and Virtual Snowbirds its great! you can fly for miles and flying fighters is fun but I find a special fun in flying 300NM to an Island in Hawai in a Boeing 747 or a DASH-8. Or maybe even flying a B-1B on a bombing run with ATC talking people through their flight or ATC giving a runthrough of a landing and headings. You can use VOR, ILS, and Flight Course Marker FCM. I don't really use ILS myself unless visibility is 0.4 miles but I love VOR because you can be right on your target if you use it right and bearings its so much fun. Carrier landings are alot of fun also. I really think you should all get it and get addons (get Mh3w's Movie Pack and maps and TF58's maps) also get the THI pack, JRP pack, Skippers stuff including the X-15 and Talons F-5, F/A-18 Agressor planes. And by the way I flew with Airshow fan the other day doing Knife Edge passes and rolls. Lots of fun.

Offline Raptor

• General of Flight
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2007, 09:47:29 AM »
Uhm. That really really sounds like a place pilots go to break from MS FS
-JCLim

Offline Cobra2

• Hero of Flight
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2007, 07:37:44 PM »
Dude if you have played it you would be addicted lol Mh3w has good movies of it and another one made by someone I forget his name but it has a song called "Rain" and its a very beautiful video of air combat in YSF. Flight dynamics are pretty good and once you get addons its alot of fun flying with friends online.

Offline Raptor

• General of Flight
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2007, 10:10:07 AM »
Sigh. Yes, i have played it before. Personally, it does well if you want to kick back and crank up the throttle a little to loosen up. Oh yes and you can't do a proper side-slip landing...

I really liked MS FS. And i do have that YS flight sim thing. Quite addictive if you want to blow things up, though...
-JCLim

Offline Crazy flyer

• Recruit
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2009, 03:48:54 AM »
hey i got a new joystick: wingman digital 3d
and it doesnt work for over half the controls... can anyone help me????

Offline Raptor

• General of Flight
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2009, 04:52:43 PM »
Welcome to the forum, Crazyflyer.  :P Sorry dude, can't say i've heard of that joystick before. You could try checking your software/drivers?  ;)
-JCLim

Offline FJfury1946

• Recruit
  • I used to be Hyperflanker.....
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2009, 07:59:32 PM »
hey guys, go download the hyperflanker mod pack. It's so freakin' awesome! You get 2 planes, so-called SU-27X hyperflankers, but they're actually modified SU-27s so they go real fast and you can slap on a lot of all the weapons. Went to 900 ft. in 6 seconds after take-off!! If you do full throttle, get ready for the hard part of controlling the craft. ;D
:D     F-16/79............BLAH!!!!!!!

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com click to vote for MILAVIA