MILAVIA Forum - Military Aviation Discussion Forum

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Well, Northrop Grumman won the LRS-B (Low Range Slow Bomber) competition. So will Lockheed-Boeing protest? (Business as usual?)
The development contract covers 21 initial aircraft out of a planned buy of 80. Any bets on wether the 21 aircraft will be the only ones built? This new plane is supposed to replace the B-52, and the B-1B.
I say Good Luck NG.
I hope they pull it off ahead of schedule and under budget
I also hope I can run a triathlon on my hundredth birthday. ;)
Military Aircraft / JAS 39 Gripen Serial Numbers
« Last post by James on October 18, 2015, 08:30:20 PM »
Not having any luck with JAS 39C Gripen serial numbers or South African Air Force Gripen serial numbers, can anyone possibly help?
Defence in General / The "Rules" of War????
« Last post by shawn a on August 24, 2015, 09:34:00 PM »
Just what is it with these "Rules of War"?
If I remember correctly, it is against the "rules" to use a 50 cal. machine gun against troops. It can only legally be used against equipment and infrastructure.
How about the new one - that it against the "rules" to use a laser in an attempt to blind an enemy aviator, soldier, or sailor, but it is evidently OK to use a nuclear weapon to vaporize millions of civilians in an instant, and blind the unfortunate hundreds of thousands of civilians that might be looking in the direction of the detonation.
Shouldn't war be horrible enough to make us humans want to avoid it entirely?
If the feces hits the air circulation device, will all those involved "Go by the Rules"?
Hmm.
Military Aircraft / Re: Su-27
« Last post by sergeyl on July 11, 2015, 08:21:55 PM »
Todays news is that Australia will not procure -35B models because the cost to upgrade the ships that would carry them is projected to be too great.
Well, it seems that the Quivering Chihuahuas' bark IS worse than its' bite.
According to an article in Defense Industry Daily, a "clean" chihuahua (-A model) with no internal weapons could not outfly a two seat F-16D that was carrying two external fuel tanks!
An interesting statement made by some Lockheed bigwig quite a while ago in AWAST was "Speed is the new stealth". I sent a glib reply via e-mail that "Directed Energy is the new AAA - try to outrun that"
So- thanks, Lockheed for selling us Americans "The old stealth" at a seriously inflated price, but, hey, we're America, we are made of money--just look at how much cash we send to china on a daily basis.
Military Aircraft / Re: Su-27
« Last post by sergeyl on June 30, 2015, 05:52:11 PM »

Military Aircraft / Re: Su-24
« Last post by sergeyl on June 29, 2015, 02:52:37 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com click to vote for MILAVIA