MILAVIA Forum - Military Aviation Discussion Forum

Author Topic: 1/48 B-1B Lancer by Revell  (Read 20301 times)

Offline Bonehead

• Recruit
Re: 1/48 B-1B Lancer by Revell
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2008, 07:42:54 PM »
This is an awesome kit. Unfortunately the details don't match the decals. The kit if built straight from the box will build a good example of an early B-1, but the aircraft has gone through several upgrades since. Some of the details have been removed and some have been added. The best thing to do is pick one of the options and research it like crazy. There is no such thing as too much info, especially with a kit like this. Also, being as the aircraft is in current use there is a lot of info out there. Good luck with your build. I've got three of these monsters in my to build stack.

Offline Webmaster

• MILAVIA Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • General of Flight
Re: 1/48 B-1B Lancer by Revell
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2010, 03:52:27 AM »
Somehow I didn't get a reply notification...

Thanks for the tips, but I have no problem with building it as it used to be, by the time it's done the air force may have changed some other details, the way TGPs are developing the Sniper may get replaced by the time I'm done. I will certainly research it, but unfortunately I don't have time or place to build it now. I got some literature, but by the time I start building it, I will try to get my hands on the book by DACO/Willy Peeters, Uncovering the Rockwell B-1B Lancer.

Three kits? Are you planning to scale build Dyess or Ellsworth?
  • Interests: Su-15, Su-27, Tu-22, Tornado, RNLAF
Niels Hillebrand
MILAVIA Webmaster

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com click to vote for MILAVIA