MILAVIA Forum - Military Aviation Discussion Forum

Author Topic: Building J35F Draken Scale 1/72  (Read 16179 times)

Offline Viggen

• General of Flight
  • We are not promised a tomorrow.
Re: Building J35F Draken Scale 1/72
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2010, 06:22:03 AM »
Thanks! The photos is where i had to make up for the poor model. I thought i better make the photos look good and maybe you guys wont notice the poor quality of my Draken. LOL!  ;)

He he! I agree, the painting is the hardest thing. I think the sealant i applied ruined the paintjob. Left a rubbery feel on the surface. This model has to be the worst one representing a SAAB Draken. Not much is close to the real thing. The intakes had the wrong angle, the rear is missing some serious details. The only thing they got right was the basic shape of the aircraft. Not even the canopy and the front screen matched together with the aircraft.

Lot of work was put in, but it needed even a lot more for it to be a complete build. It was just too small for me to start working on those details and making my own pieces. I dont want to work with the help of a magnifying-glass, not on a model that was already bad from the start.

Stay away from Rewell´s 1/72 J35F Draken. (Unless you need to have a cheap model to blow up with fireworks).  ;D

• Interests: SAAB 37 Viggen
Patrik S.

Offline Webmaster

• MILAVIA Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • General of Flight
Re: Building J35F Draken Scale 1/72
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2010, 03:39:53 PM »
Revell, sometimes they are great, sometimes really bad... I suppose most of the great ones are rebranded Monogram models.
  • Interests: Su-15, Su-27, Tu-22, Tornado, RNLAF
Niels Hillebrand
MILAVIA Webmaster

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com click to vote for MILAVIA