MILAVIA Forum - Military Aviation Discussion Forum

Author Topic: Fabulous R/C model BAE Hawk action on a club day.  (Read 5621 times)

Offline AVIATOR

• Hero of Flight
  • TALLY HO CHAPS
Fabulous R/C model BAE Hawk action on a club day.
« on: September 17, 2009, 12:08:51 AM »
Just take a look at the skill of these guys.

http://www.metacafe.com/fplayer/274760/hot_rc_jet_action.swf"

Offline Webmaster

• MILAVIA Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • General of Flight
Re: Fabulous R/C model BAE Hawk action on a club day.
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2009, 03:04:26 AM »
Very nice models. What amazes me is lining up for the landing, that must be so much more difficult than when you're actually in the cockpit. On the other hand, you are not the one that gets all messed up when the landing fails, so there's not that anxiety, although of course you're risking losing a very expensive toy.
  • Interests: Su-15, Su-27, Tu-22, Tornado, RNLAF
Niels Hillebrand
MILAVIA Webmaster

Offline Viggen

• General of Flight
  • We are not promised a tomorrow.
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2009, 05:22:59 PM »
Very nice clip. Great skill by the pilots and its nice to hear the jetengine on these "toys".  ;D

Impressive landing by the last guy. Impressive to by both actually to be able to land the things without breaking them. Always hard to control a model when flying towards youself, since left becomes right and right becomes left. But these pilots have some serious skill. They have probably flown and owned a couple of hundred models through the years. :)

My BAE Hawk is half their size, much lighter and with a fan as engine. And i still managed to crash it, lol! Its all fixed now, but i have not flown it this year which is pretty surprising now when i think of it.  :P
  • Interests: SAAB 37 Viggen
Patrik S.

Offline AVIATOR

• Hero of Flight
  • TALLY HO CHAPS
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2009, 12:25:15 AM »
Me thinks that there wouldn't be any room in a guy's life for both advanced flying models like this and women, marriage and houses. If they did get married it wouldn't last.

Offline Viggen

• General of Flight
  • We are not promised a tomorrow.
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2009, 02:18:31 PM »
Me thinks that there wouldn't be any room in a guy's life for both advanced flying models like this and women, marriage and houses. If they did get married it wouldn't last.

I guess its either golf or R/C planes, because i belive these guys dont have to worry about their economy.   ;)
  • Interests: SAAB 37 Viggen
Patrik S.

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com click to vote for MILAVIA