MILAVIA Forum - Military Aviation Discussion Forum

Author Topic: Italiery 1/72 Russian Mig-29  (Read 15776 times)

Offline SAS73

• Veteran
Italiery 1/72 Russian Mig-29
« on: April 19, 2008, 04:40:38 AM »
Hey guys!!! I am new around here but with plenty of expirience building and painting plastic moldels.
Now I am finishing an Italiery 1/72 Mig-29. I am looking for a full gray camouflage. I just want to know any suggestions from real cammo, specially Russian Mig-29.
I have this pictures, what do you think about it?

Offline tigershark

• News Editor
  • General of Flight
Re: Italiery 1/72 Russian Mig-29
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2008, 04:49:24 AM »
Yemen SMT
« Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 05:07:55 AM by nonpilot »

Offline SAS73

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2008, 05:08:25 AM »
hey thanks nonpilot I really like the last picture, but do u have a clear one?

Offline tigershark

• News Editor
  • General of Flight
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2008, 05:10:20 AM »
A little better
« Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 05:14:29 AM by nonpilot »

Offline tigershark

• News Editor
  • General of Flight
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2008, 05:16:27 AM »
I'm sure I have more at work like some Mig-35 mock ups and a brown Mig-29 SMT Algerian in a hanger.  I know I have a Cuban Fulcrum and a few Peruvian ones as well but all at work.  There are hundreds of pictures of Fulcrums on the net.  I kind of get bored with pictures and don't have tons of them I rather read pilot interviews or articels about fighters.  The Yemen and Algeria Fulcrums I cannot find a single thing to read about them.  I'm looking for some Yemen pilot talking about how his old Mig-29A couldn't stand a chance against his new SMT Fulcrum and how great the upgrades are, but nothing.  No follow up from RSG MIG, nothing but a few hard to find pictures. 
« Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 05:23:23 AM by nonpilot »

Offline SAS73

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2008, 09:56:13 AM »
Well I think for my self that the Mig-35 is the total upgrade of the Mig-29. Nonpilot if u have some Pictures of the Cuban Fulcrum please post them, I think there are special. some where a readed that they have the blue caribbean cammo, never saw it before. And I think the Cubans painted the Mig-23 and Mig-27 in the same Color. Thanks inn advance

Offline Globetrotter

• Hero of Flight
  • I'm Thomas (now Globetrotter)
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2008, 11:56:18 PM »
There is a special painted MiG-29 from Slovakia. It's like pixels all over it. Just great, but i can't found the pic
"Ad Astra Per Aspera"   (5º Grupo de Caza ≈ A-4AR Fightinghawk)

~ MALVINAS ARGENTINAS ~

Offline SukhoiLover

• Fighter Ace
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2008, 12:55:07 AM »
There is a special painted MiG-29 from Slovakia. It's like pixels all over it. Just great, but i can't found the pic

Voilá

Copyright: Odrej Maliniak and airliners.net ( just to avoid problems).
http://sukhoitribute.blogspot.com/

English version: http://sukhoitributeenglish.blogspot.com/

Pavel be proud of your legacy!!!!

Offline Globetrotter

• Hero of Flight
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2008, 03:56:39 PM »
thanks ;)

~ MALVINAS ARGENTINAS ~

Offline Webmaster

• MILAVIA Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • General of Flight
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2008, 05:43:03 PM »
Hey guys!!! I am new around here but with plenty of expirience building and painting plastic moldels.
Now I am finishing an Italiery 1/72 Mig-29. I am looking for a full gray camouflage. I just want to know any suggestions from real cammo, specially Russian Mig-29.

I don't know how real you want it to be?

What does the box say? Which variant is it? Which options do you have? I have a hard time figuring it out because the cockpit/canopy doesn't look right to me, so it's hard to say whether it is a normal spine 9.12 Fulcrum-A or the fatter one of the 9.13 Fulcrum-C. The camouflage appears to be a non-standard one, looking a bit like some the MiG-29S display aircraft. So I suppose it's a 9.12S Fulcrum-A. These pics are the MiG-29S display aircraft in the blue camo, you can see the resemblance with your model is there, but looks a bit different. Now the problem with this variant probably is that MiG-29S were produced for the RuAF and sold to various customers, but with the bigger spine of the 9.13 model Fulcrum-C (9.13S/SE). So I don't know what Italeri made of it?

I haven't seen many pics of overall grey Russian Fulcrums, Russian standard is two-tone, grey with green, but exists in various shades. Sometimes more grey or blue than green. And sometimes they are so old and weathered that they look all grey. Overall one-tone grey would be a non-standard camo, although not uncommon on some types.

However if it's a 9.12 Fulcrum-A then you have many more alternatives, Eastern European countries and earlier exotic customers with many all-grey... which mostly were standard in all-grey... provided you drop the R-77 and R-27ER/ET missiles which may be included in the kit if they made it based on the MiG-29S. The R-27ER/ET can be modified to look like the older R-27 version though, redo some fins.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2008, 05:55:06 PM by Webmaster »
  • Interests: Su-15, Su-27, Tu-22, Tornado, RNLAF
Niels Hillebrand
MILAVIA Webmaster

Offline Globetrotter

• Hero of Flight
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2008, 06:49:57 PM »
Eastern Germany camou was grey I believe  ::) but do you have its decals?

~ MALVINAS ARGENTINAS ~

Offline SAS73

• Veteran
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2008, 08:24:27 PM »
Hey Globetrotter, nice to see you around here. webmasters great pictures, never saw it before.
And guys thansk for the pictures. As soon I finished the painting on the Mig-29 Fulcrum I will post the pictures. On the Other Hand I also have a Mirage 2000 ready to finish the painting.

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com click to vote for MILAVIA