MILAVIA Forum - Military Aviation Discussion Forum

Author Topic: Australian Air Force will pay at least $131 million per F-35  (Read 10145 times)

Offline tigershark

• News Editor
  • General of Flight
Re: Australian Air Force will pay at least $131 million per F-35
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2007, 01:10:51 AM »
My friend to date not even down graded F-22s are for sale.   I disagree  with buying F-15 E has the same disadvantages as the F-35, the F-15 sadly is basically a dead aircraft, the F-35 has a future.   I think this is why Japan wants the F-22 so badly because there know there main supplier is going F-22 and fading out the mighty F-15.    This one of the reasons why buying E/F Super Hornets Block-2 is a better investment because there be around longer because of the US Navy using them.   The Block-2 radar on the Hornet's combined with a better battle proven missile makes the slower E/F Hornet dangerous.   Remember Hornets has good jamming capabilities so there be able to keep the Flankers missiles on there rails a little longer.  Why wouldn't better missiles and radar be a match against a new Flanker?   A better radar see the Flanker trying to get into a better position and the better missile hits the Flanker,  while the Hornet is moving out of the Flankers kill zone.   The ASEA radar takes a little of the raw power and speed away from the Flanker because it can't force it's way into position.   If I see your move I'm going to counter it is what I'm saying badly here.   I'm not saying a Hornet is faster, better turner, better range, or any of that kind of stuff just the ASEA radar let me see your moves.   Like chess if I see your move I counter it right, the Flanker still has to respect my AIM-120s too, he does want to come into my strengths either.   On a long drawn out 1 vs 1 battle fuel would play a part but modern air battles aren't fought 1 vs 1 or 2 vs 2, really so it would be rare getting into a setup like that.   Put a ASEA radar on a Flanker and that changes it a little and takes away one of the less powerful advantages the Hornet has.    Now there's no hiding or sneaking up or doing any of the pilot shit they do to get into position.   With basically the same radar strengths the little extra speed and range might off set the slightly better missiles then pilot skills and training take over.       

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com click to vote for MILAVIA