MILAVIA Forum - Military Aviation Discussion Forum

Author Topic: best attack heli -apache v/s cobra v/s rooivalk v/s tiger v/s mi-28 v/s ka-52  (Read 39960 times)

Offline alyster

• Hero of Flight
You mean the Mi-28?
Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes

Offline Cobra2

• Hero of Flight
Yeah, the "Havoc" is the Mi-28.

Valiant1

I love the Apache AH-64B Longbow and the Cobra AH-1Z, but I went online to Military.com and they have a few vids you can view - that Mi-28 Havoc, which sort of has the line of the Apache, looks like an impressive attack heli.  I won't put anything past Russian; they do build some impressive fighting machines.  Check out the vid on the Su-30MK doing some super maneuvers.  Oh, by the way,  watching the Military Channel here in the US, the AK-47 assault rifle made the #1 spot as best rifle in the world of all time.  Congratulations to Kalishnikov and his company.

Offline Cobra2

• Hero of Flight
Yeah, I heard the AK-47 is a great weapon...I heard it on the military channel and the history channel to.

Offline Raptor

• General of Flight
  • What's the next big thing?
Yeah, AK-47s are pretty good weapons.

Hm, so it's the Mi-28. I was wondering, what if Mikoyan was a stand-alone name... We'd have big name mix-ups.  ;D

It's basically an American attack helicopter deriative. Based on the same slim and sleeker lines, other than the usual wider shape of Russian Helos. I'm not the crazy one about rotary-wing aircraft, don't look at me...  ;)
-JCLim

Valiant1

I'm not crazy about helos either, but  what ever happened to the RAH-66 Comanche?  I thought the US was going to build that awesome helo.

Offline Raptor

• General of Flight
Yeah, it's just AWSOME. I think they scrapped the program. Too costly. I think. That's what my friend said. (he's an aeronautical engineer)  ;D
Then again, the other stuff are expensive too...
-JCLim

Offline Gripen

• General of Flight
  • WHATEVER YOUR PAST, THE FUTURE IS GRIPEN!
I'm not crazy about helos either, but  what ever happened to the RAH-66 Comanche?  I thought the US was going to build that awesome helo.

they scrapped it?? Why?? that helo had a tonne of potential...and it looked mean- is it just me or have the US named their attack choppers after Native American things.. Longbow and Commanche!

Offline Raptor

• General of Flight
Last conference attended, it was scrapped for the lack of funding
-JCLim

Offline Webmaster

• MILAVIA Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • General of Flight
They had a more pressing requirement for transport/utility helicopters. So the Apaches are upgraded instead, and more transports on the way... modern Chinooks (CH-47F), Blackhawks (all kinds), and UH-145s are coming, and I think they also ordered some additional AH-64Ds. I think it was a good decision, but maybe it would have been better to postpone it, instead of scrapping it completely. You'll need Apache replacements some day, but maybe they are counting on UAVs for the job by then...?
  • Interests: Su-15, Su-27, Tu-22, Tornado, RNLAF
Niels Hillebrand
MILAVIA Webmaster

Offline Gripen

• General of Flight
  • WHATEVER YOUR PAST, THE FUTURE IS GRIPEN!
i thought the commanche was supposed to replace the Kiowa Recon Helo

I thought the Commache was a recon chopper??

Offline Raptor

• General of Flight
Commanche is a ATTACK helicopter with espoinage or stealth capabilities.

Native american things: They're basically tribes. The Longbow is just what it is: a longbow!  ;D
Google 'Chinook', 'Apache' and 'Commanche' You'll get some interesting stuff.
-JCLim

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com click to vote for MILAVIA