MILAVIA Forum - Military Aviation Discussion Forum

Author Topic: Looking for information  (Read 4957 times)

Offline tigershark

• News Editor
  • General of Flight
Looking for information
« on: November 30, 2007, 04:42:35 AM »
I must have miss this can anybody fill in a little more details here.   I wish we had a thread that dealt with just such exercises it would be good reading and something we could all add into.   Thanks

While the Singaporean air force has brought a squadron of US-made F-15 fighters, the Indian Air Force is fielding its Russian-built Mig-27 ground attack fighters in the war games named 'Sindex', which will go on till December 13, according to IAF sources here.

This is the fifth series of air exercises between the two countries, with Singapore and India recently

The RSAF is paying for use of Indian facilities and airspace for the training exercises. In the first series of exercises held in Gwalior in 2004, RSAF fielded its F-16 Fighting Falcons and IAF matched them with its own Sukhoi-30 and Mirage 2000 fighters

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/India/IAF_Singapore_Air_Force_begin_exercise/articleshow/2573374.cms

Offline Webmaster

• MILAVIA Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • General of Flight
Re: Looking for information
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 05:55:06 PM »

Singaporean air force has brought a squadron of US-made F-15 fighters

Must be a mistake/typo, Singapore doesn't have the F-15 yet, right?

The RSAF is paying for use of Indian facilities and airspace for the training exercises.

I knew this, but the agreement where RSAF pays to use the Indian base for its own training is fairly new, the cooperative exercises are something else though and should not be confused with Singapore's own training exercises from Indian soil... Singapore taking part in Red Flag is something else than Singapore pilot training at Tucson.

I'll consider making a (sub-) board for exercises.
  • Interests: Su-15, Su-27, Tu-22, Tornado, RNLAF
Niels Hillebrand
MILAVIA Webmaster

Offline tigershark

• News Editor
  • General of Flight
Re: Looking for information
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2007, 03:04:10 AM »
Good catch webmaster not until 2008 for the F-15s according to the link below.
http://www.scramble.nl/sg.htm

I would like to know what modern fighters have the Rafale and Typhoon went up against in exercises and/or mock combat training? 

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com click to vote for MILAVIA