MILAVIA Forum - Military Aviation Discussion Forum

Author Topic: F-35 JSF  (Read 13013 times)

Offline Webmaster

• MILAVIA Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • General of Flight
Re: F-35 JSF
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2006, 01:53:55 AM »
Enough politics, enough off-topic posts.
You made it clear that you don't think exporting military technology is a good idea. I think it enables the industry to develop the technology further and beyond, reducing losses on both sides when there is a need to go to war. But please, I insists that we focus the discussion on the topics itself as much as possible, without involving politics in it every single time and posting flamatory personal opinions on other countries and their people. If you are here to discuss politics only, please go somewhere else. This is an international forum with people from all over the world to discuss military aviation. Of course it is inevitable that the discussions will include discussions about politics, but please keep it objective or at least without insulting other countries and their people.
  • Interests: Su-15, Su-27, Tu-22, Tornado, RNLAF
Niels Hillebrand
MILAVIA Webmaster

Valiant1

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2006, 04:16:22 AM »
You made your point, Webmaster, but try to understand people on this side of the pond.  September 11, 2001 put a knife in our hearts.  My wife's uncle was in the North Tower when it was struck by the airliner.  I thank God he made it out alive - barely.  And for a country, which shall remain nameless, to say we deserved it, is TRULY UNCALLED FOR.  We didn't expect that from friendly nations; we expected that from our enemies.  Many different nationalities were killed that day.  We just want people to respect our dead and the way we feel, not drive the knife deeper.
We, as Americans, would do the same for any nation who would go through this kind of disaster.

Offline Gripen

• General of Flight
  • WHATEVER YOUR PAST, THE FUTURE IS GRIPEN!
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2006, 01:30:20 PM »
im an aussie and the sept 11 attacks were bad for everyone.. but thats not the point

as far as i know, austrlia contributed to the JSF.. i think the US tested the plane out in the Northern Territory, most airstrips out there are thick dust and they wanted to see what effect it has on the plane. and i can swear that i seen a JSF fly over my house a few months back (there is an airbase about 22km's from my house) it was grey and had a single engine.. well i think it had a single engine, maybe it was a Hawk trainer..
anyway..
 the whole stealth principal is flawed.. and frankly, its low, like how snipers were considered... but they are necessary today, so stealth might get its day..

Offline Raptor

• General of Flight
  • What's the next big thing?
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2006, 02:21:08 PM »
The pilot would have to use it's stealth capability wisely, of course, although flying low would reveal the jet, if it maintained a high altitude it will most likely be able to exploit it's superior equipment to it's greatest advantage.
-JCLim

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com click to vote for MILAVIA