MILAVIA Forum - Military Aviation Discussion Forum

Author Topic: F-35 JSF  (Read 13012 times)

Offline Cobra2

• Hero of Flight
F-35 JSF
« on: September 12, 2006, 10:37:31 PM »
is the JSF a stealth aircraft or not?

Offline Cobra2

• Hero of Flight
F-35 JSF info
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2006, 10:44:30 PM »
I heard in one of my new info books that our F-35 thats coming into production in 2007 in an order of 2800 at a cost of $60MIL each...and there going to replace our old model F-18 and tank busting jobs that the A-10 currently does...(but not replace them completely)...and also i heard that were selling some to Australia and Britain also....and this will have V/TOL capability...with thrust vectoring and a fan in its fuselage for vertical take-off...this will be used for frontline service and to land in ground unit bases...ask for more info or mail me for more information. I do not know however if its a stealth plane or not...so if you could post in the F-35 thread that i made (another F-35 thread that i made)

Offline Cobra2

• Hero of Flight
Re: F-35 JSF info
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2006, 10:49:33 PM »
Ok, nevermind, I found out that the F-35 is a stealth aircraft.

Valiant1

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2006, 05:03:16 PM »
Well, to inform you, Britain is one of the MAJOR partners in the JSF program.  They're investing heavily into it because they desparately need a replacement for their Harriers, as well as the US Marines' Harriers.  VSTOL is important to the Brits and the Marines BUT they need a plane that can fly FASTER than the speed of sound; the Harrier doesn't have that capability.  Australia, I believe, did not invest in the program, but are on the list to buy the F-35.  There are a number of other countries who are on the list to buy the F-35, mostly European, most likely Spain and Italy, to replace their Harriers.  I believe Canada's on the list and possibly South Korea and Taiwan has expressed interest.  Think about it - a jet that can LAND and TAKEOFF from anywhere and go almost TWICE the speed of sound WITHOUT afterburners.  WOW! What does the opposition have to compare?  NOTHING!!!!

Offline Cobra2

• Hero of Flight
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2006, 09:45:26 PM »
Yeah, Australia, Britain, Italy, Turkey, and some other countries...

Offline Cobra2

• Hero of Flight
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2006, 09:59:43 PM »
I can see Britain and Israel...but not the rest...aslong as Britain and Israel doesnt sell to others...i dont think Israel will...Britain iether...lets hope not.

Valiant1

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2006, 10:40:09 PM »
Cobra 2,  I don't think you have to worry about that.  By the time our "allies" have sold their portions of the F-35 to other countries who are friendly towards the US, we'll have another aircraft in its place flying already, meaning the F-35 would be "old news".  Then those countries that do plan to use the F-35 against,  we'll just take the fight to them and shoot them down. 
I believe the only reason why a country like Russia has a plane like the Su-27 is because they got a hold of American technology.  Look at the lines of the Flanker - it's a cross between an F-14 and an F-15.   Possibly they bought an F-14 from Iran?  No matter, like I've said in another segment (F-15 Eagle vs. Su-27 Flanker), the TOP DOG is the F-22 Raptor, and it will blow everything out of the sky, present and projected.  Read my post on that topic, if you don't mind and tell me what you think.

Offline Cobra2

• Hero of Flight
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2006, 04:07:46 AM »
But still...its stealth technology...not something to mess around with.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2006, 01:54:20 AM by Webmaster »

Valiant1

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2006, 10:10:18 PM »
Hey Cobra 2, I was watching the Military Channel last night and do you know why the Japanese had such a great warbird (the Zero) in WWII?  That's because Pratt & Whitney gave them the design to the famous radial engines used by the Corsair, Hellcat and Thunderbolt.  And the same with Germany's Focke-Wulf 190.  The radial engine used by the FW-190 was designed after P&W's radial engine.
Here's the thing - Japan and Germany was America's most hated enemies - now they're one of our closest allies.  The world is unpredictable, it's a chance the US government is gonna have to take to be a world player (unfortunately).  If I had it my way - I'd close the borders, pull out of Iraq and take care of our internal problems first befor we go policing the entire world.  We could use our taxpayers' dollars HERE IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA instead of some foreign country.

Offline Cobra2

• Hero of Flight
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2006, 10:47:04 PM »
Yeah,  but if we pulled out of Iraq then they could take another cheap shot at us...its something we have to do...for Iraq itself and us...and other countries. But the radial engine wasnt stealth...they could use this against us you see?

Valiant1

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2006, 03:52:44 AM »
That's not what I meant about the radial engine...my point is that the enemy, in this case Japan and Germany, used what we gave them, against us.  Other nations might do the same.  But for a fact, England and the Netherlands would never use the F-35 against us unless we decide to go and bomb their countries.  England is, in fact, our closest ally.  The Dutch are also on the same team.  Remember, we can't fight any battle or war alone anymore, we need our allies and giving them part of our technology may be one of the sacrifices we need to make.  Also remember that England is one of the major investors in the F-35 JSF program and they deserve to have as many of the fighters that they can afford.

Offline Cobra2

• Hero of Flight
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2006, 05:47:18 AM »
You know hwat Valiant1? you are very, very right...we do need our allies...and they need us. And I know that England and Netherlands and Israel and other countries wouldnt use them against us...but do you think they will sell them to other countries like Iran, Russia, China and countries like that? because that would be very bad. I just hope they dont sell them...but you made a good point Valiant and I thank you.

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com click to vote for MILAVIA